Author Topic: Garden Room Foundations  (Read 868 times)

Garden Room Foundations
« on: 04 August, 2020, 11:50:02 am »
Open to comments  and  suggestions please..
Am planning  a  4.5 x 3.0 M hobbies room. kits have been rejected  and  plan is to  build  from scratch
Floor plan is  95mm Deep x 45mm wide  timbers, Tannalised. Three main 4500mm  rails would  be  supported on 12 pads
That's 1300 between centres on the rails and  1500 span on  cross rails  - maybe I  could  over engineer and  go for 16 pads..
I am looking at using cast in supports rather than trying to  cast and  level each  pad preferred option ATM is a vertical 20 x 500 mm re-bar with  L section 6mm  steel welded on top and the whole lot galvanised
Other option maybe concrete decking  posts but  not  sure about  damp and also they would have to  all be  levelled in the holes before pouring  concrete rather than levelling just the frame.

Re: Garden Room Foundations
« Reply #1 on: 04 August, 2020, 01:53:00 pm »
Might find this project over on LFGSS useful: https://www.lfgss.com/conversations/344467/
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Re: Garden Room Foundations
« Reply #2 on: 04 August, 2020, 02:14:39 pm »
Interesting. Thanks. Similar to my design. He did have problems levelling. Noticed not actually bolted to the founds.  Maybe not a problem in his sheltered location.