Author Topic: Recommend me a vacuum cleaner  (Read 2184 times)

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
Re: Recommend me a vacuum cleaner
« Reply #25 on: 04 October, 2021, 09:36:40 pm »
Ideal solution is one vacuum cleaner downstairs and one u upstairs, particularly if you almost did yourself a mischief carrying a vacuum cleaner downstairs.
  :facepalm:

Mum bought a new upright, so I got her old bagged meile for upstairs.

Downstairs I use my Henry, which makes short work of hoovering up spilled bird seed from feathery bum (my pet Cockatiel called Spike)

I did buy an aftermarket extension hose for Henry, so it's easier to hoover the stairs! Leave Henry on the downstairs hall, and the hose extender stretches to easily reach the top landing! :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #26 on: 04 October, 2021, 10:24:00 pm »
Ideal solution is one vacuum cleaner downstairs and one u upstairs, particularly if you almost did yourself a mischief carrying a vacuum cleaner downstairs.

This also applies to step ladders.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #27 on: 04 October, 2021, 10:36:25 pm »
Henry's need the motors cleaned as the fan bit gets dirt stuck in it and reduces effectiveness.

Also the henry xtra head increases pick up.

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #28 on: 05 October, 2021, 09:14:55 pm »
Well, the Morat house won't be popular.
We have a Henry - we had one each when we met but mine was rejected for not having the cable winding handle on the top - which is now at least 20 years old and on its second motor.
I bought a Neato D5 robo-hoover 3 years ago. Horace was about £400 but came with a 5 year warranty. According to my maths that's £1.53 a week to save me from suffocating in a drift of Basset fur. Sadly my maths is now off as we had to claim on the warranty last week because even Hungry Horace gave up under the immense pressure. I hope he comes back soon.
No, it's not as thorough as a proper hoover because it can't get right into the edges or behind the doors but if he runs once/twice a day it picks up an awful lot of fur which then _doesn't_ end up behind the doors or inside my PC. Also, I can do the hoovering from the pub :)
Everyone's favourite windbreak

« Reply #29 on: 05 October, 2021, 10:21:53 pm »
We have a Dyson arnimal and two eufys. The eufys arrived after the Arnimal and have largely supplanted it. The Eufys require a small amount of diligence in that stuff that they can get tangled up in need sorting, but this is essentially a one off set of tidying up. Now we just let the Eufys loose once a day. They are quite stupid in how they clean but the results of emptying them on a daily basis shows that they clean much more effective than the Arnimal. The Arnimal still comes out on a fortnightly to monthly basis to clean corners and ceilings and other places that get inhabited by creepy crawlies.  We have no illusions about the eufy's. They require ongoing maintenance, but their daily usage means that dust and grot doesn't build up and get ground in. We have two because one lives upstairs and the other downstairs. We don't care what the eufy's get up to because if they get stuck they send us an email. The only irritation is their fear of sunshine, we are convinced they have vampire genes.
Clever enough to know I'm not clever enough.