Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 275230 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
It's only bloody well getting hotter damn it!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
The bloody wind hasn't let up since Friday. I need to do a 150k or more to stay sane and the poplar tree I use as an anemometer is bent over sideways like the proverbial crone. Don't want to ride 75k against that. Looks like another day of occupational therapy in the workshop. Mañana.

Yes, ba$tard wind in the Fens as well, at least I've been able to get some relief from it by judicious route selection
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Last Thursday El Prez & I were singing the praises of cornfields as wind blocks, then rounded a curve and found that they make pretty good wind tunnels too.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Chris S

Me, May 1st to June 7th - "Fucking North Sea... Fog... Haar... Fucking drizzle... Fboab, where's my SAD light?... Fucking country.... Fucking North Sea..."

Me, June 8th to July 3rd - "Ahhhh, you can't beat a sea breeze, eh?"

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Sea breeze?  One without the maximum dose of pollen, dust, hydrocarbons and those irritating little black fly things?  Where do I sign up?

ian

Summer is officially declared. Southern have turned on the heat across all their trains.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Summer is officially declared. Southern have turned on the heat across all their trains.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: >:( ;D

What a waste!

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Yeah. We had the street-lights on at 3 p.m. the other day. Fixed now.

Meanwhile, the sky is grey with dark-grey lumps, thunder is grumbling on and off, and the wee spatter of rain we had has served to bump the humidity up to sauna levels. We're promised strong winds, proper lightning and hail for later.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Sea breeze?  One without the maximum dose of pollen, dust, hydrocarbons and those irritating little black fly things?  Where do I sign up?

This was one of the reasons that Jan and I went to the Pembrokeshire coast last week. We saw the forecast and buggered off.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

ElyDave

Big black clouds gatheing over the fens, and abreeze springing up

Fingers crossed we'll get some wet stuff.

Must have been my bike washing and lawns sprinkling yesterday

Chris S

There was just enough drizzle in the air this morning to dampen the roads and settle the dust. First rain for weeks.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
There was just enough drizzle in the air this morning to dampen the roads and settle the dust. First rain for weeks.

Bah!  Not a cloud in the sky here.  Surprised to see sunless Wimbledon.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Intermittently completely overcast here in NW Londonton but no sign of precipitation.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Farcebok's so-called "weather forecast" told me to "stay dry" as "rain is forecast".  So we're set for another dry fortnight in That London.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
A Ceredigion  Council  gritter truck went past the house this evening.   Not gritting  obv.  But do they know something I don't?   ???
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Farcebok's so-called "weather forecast" told me to "stay dry" as "rain is forecast".  So we're set for another dry fortnight in That London.

My Oregon Scientific thermometer/hygrometer has been displaying 'rain' icons a lot recently.

Our grounds are parched...

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
Rain? The elders tell tales of strange wet skies.

A Ceredigion  Council  gritter truck went past the house this evening.   Not gritting  obv.  But do they know something I don't?   ???

Probably just passing through. There were reports about gritters being sent out to put a layer of top dressing down when the heat was making roads melt a couple of weeks ago, but it's not that hot now.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

hellymedic

• Just do it!
It seems to be raining in this corner of That London.
Maybe Big Tom will drink from the puddles.

I might have heard Donner.

No Blitzen observed.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Flash flooding in east Swindon.  Sainsbury's roof collapsed and it's closed!  Things floated around my garden and some water got under the lead flashing and into the conservatory (now mopped up).  Lawn looks happier.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Flash flooding in east Swindon.

Damage estimates running into tens of £s
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

ElyDave

Still sweet f.a in east cambs. Wife rained on listening to Michael bubbly in that london

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
This evening...
Monsoon season on Oxford Street; bone dry along the Thames.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Chris S

Oh. My. Goodness. RAIN!  :o

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Half a bucket of petrichor in Middle Earth.