Author Topic: tandem tyres  (Read 12314 times)

Re: tandem tyres
« Reply #25 on: 18 April, 2013, 05:04:00 am »
After we exploded one Gatorskin 28 mm and damaged the other on PBP Audax 2011 we have not been using this brand any longer.  Supreme, RIBMO, Pasella and preferable in 32 mm. Now we are trying Randonneur 32 mm on one of the tandems - very hard sides and much lower psi pressure (95) than we use to - better on gravel than the tyres we mentioned.  Actually Pasella in 35 mm which we tried some years ago  seemed to be good rolling, but went into pieces after probably 16 years: they had not been used much, though.

Chris S

« Reply #26 on: 21 April, 2013, 08:54:46 am »
I put the GP Four Seasons on for the Green & Yellow Fields 300.

Vrrooooommmmm  :o :thumbsup:

First segment from home to Bury St Edmunds (we ECE'd it to400) - 30kph. I'm certain we'll have to get used to the occasional faerie visit; Marathon plus are heavy, but they are pretty much an antidote to the faeries.

I suspect these GPs won't last long either. We ran them at pretty much maximum pressure (110psi  - max is 116) and I was expecting quite a harsh ride. On the contrary, they provide a much smoother ride than the Marathons.

« Reply #27 on: 28 April, 2014, 11:20:13 am »
We had a set of Marathon Supreme tyres to one of tour Ibis Touche tandems. Supremes was our choice becase they have been a great succes for us - have replaced Pasella Tourgard for us. We use 32 mm tyres and while the Pasellas was used with 105-108 psi the Supremes was used with somewhere between 115 and 120 psi according to our measurement equipment.  After 100 km in saturdays 200 km brevet the left side of the front tyre sprang and the bang told us. The Mavic rim got a nick and the wheel have to be repaired. We had a new tube in and rode through the 200 km brevet. I was very happy with the old pair of Supreme tyres we had. Do I have to worry about them and shift to Panaracer again?
Carsten

« Reply #28 on: 30 April, 2014, 10:23:24 am »
Either we gavethem too much air or there has been something wrong with the frontwheel from the beginning. We have the wheel made good again and we have found a new tyre: there was markings in the left side and hole through. It seems just luck we got home. I donĀ“t like the feeling of a soft Supreme which makes the tandem slide from side to side. Randonneur og Pasella kan be the solution.
Carsten