Author Topic: Tandem Hire - South East  (Read 2059 times)

Toady

Tandem Hire - South East
« on: 23 February, 2013, 09:18:26 pm »
When the weather cheers up a bit I've been thinking that a nice spring day out for me & my non cyclist wife would be a tandem ride.  Hire a tandem, go for a ride of say 30 miles and have a picnic somewhere.

So I'm looking for somewhere in Kent/Sussex/Surrey that does tandem hire.

There's a list the tandem club website, with some promising looking ones but any personal experience would be appreciated.   Any thoughts?

I've not ridden a tandem since I was a teenager in the 70s.  And then I only ever rode as stoker (I think - can't remember)  My wife can ride a bike, but doesn't.   I think a little pootle should be feasible despite our combined inexperience.

red marley

Re: Tandem Hire - South East
« Reply #1 on: 23 February, 2013, 09:29:22 pm »
I would recommend MSG Bikes in Lancing. Very friendly couple run the shop there and do tandem hire. They have a range of tandems including more sporty lightweight ones. My partner and I had a great long weekend on one of their tandems for my 40th birthday. As neither of us had ridden one before at that time, they gave us a half hour lesson on quiet backroads before we set off for our tour of the south downs. Should you find yourself a convert and want to buy a tandem from their shop, they'll knock off the price of the hire too.

Toady

« Reply #2 on: 24 February, 2013, 05:41:26 am »
Thanks jo.  I'll check them out.  Now to decide on what kind of sandwiches.

« Reply #3 on: 24 February, 2013, 12:27:15 pm »
Alex Reeves
Charlotte's Tandems
Registered Charity 1148053
CharlottesTandems.co.uk