Author Topic: Tandem Taster - north of england  (Read 1786 times)

Si_Co

Tandem Taster - north of england
« on: 22 August, 2014, 01:55:52 pm »
After many years of pestering discussion, Mrs S has agreed to give this another go if I can behave myself.

I'm aware of JD tandems in Cargrave and IIRC parsley hay bike hire on the high peak trail have a tandem or two for hire. Anyone know of anything else not too distant from Manchester?

TIA
Si

Re: Tandem Taster - north of england
« Reply #1 on: 23 August, 2014, 09:14:38 am »
JD are great. We spent a day trying all their tandems and they were helpful and cheerful all day, even though we had said at the beginning that we weren't buying.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #2 on: 23 August, 2014, 03:10:07 pm »
Tell Mrs S from me that stoking is the job to go for.  Absolutely nothing is your fault when you're the stoker - it's official, Butterfly told me so!

« Reply #3 on: 23 August, 2014, 07:54:55 pm »
We're just down the road from Gargrave. You'd be welcome to stay at ours in Skipton if you go the JD route. :)

Si_Co

« Reply #4 on: 29 August, 2014, 01:05:25 pm »
Butterfly - thanks for that I was concerned about the obligation aspect of JD.

Peli - that's very generous of you and both Mrs S and I appreciate the offer.

I think we will end up going down the JD route since I recall looking at the tandems on the trail and thinking that in the event of thermonuclear destruction of higher lifeforms at least the roaches would have some thing to ride.

We will probably go down the JD route, realistically I think this will be a spring thing since we are busy for the next few weeks and taking Mrs S out in a Yorkshire gale is not going to be conducive to the success of this project, but we'll see what the weather does at the end of the month.