Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2452486 times)

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #7175 on: 08 June, 2014, 05:42:56 pm »

A distorted cut, laced and gouged Imperial mounted on a triangulated base of lightly zinged Percy's 1948 Montlhéry

Or am I on the wrong forum AGAIN?

(it does enlarge a little if clicked upon)

Note the nettle tones and European oaked support?

Moose57

• Hippopotamus scandere potest colles
« Reply #7176 on: 08 June, 2014, 07:11:34 pm »
Where did you get that Pump? I need one to fit the Claud Butler, I have 2 frame pegs that need filling.

slope

• Current pedalable joys
« Reply #7177 on: 08 June, 2014, 09:07:25 pm »
Where did you get that Pump? I need one to fit the Claud Butler, I have 2 frame pegs that need filling.

Wiggle or CRC? Silca Impero. Bit plasticky, but does the inflation job and looks ok from a distance

slope

• Current pedalable joys
« Reply #7178 on: 09 June, 2014, 05:13:22 pm »

Today Slope parks his 1992 GT Karakoram shopping bike on a slight one. Wonders about the shadows and what might go on behind the blue door?

(Click on image for more voodoo effect clarity)

ps I abhor symmetry - there has always got be something just off - just look at oneself in the mirror and a photo?

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion"

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #7179 on: 09 June, 2014, 05:16:19 pm »
Slope parks his 1992 GT Karakoram shopping bike on a slight one. Wonders about the shadows and what might go on behind the blue door?

Blokes wearing what look like Rainlegs (at a quick glance)

« Reply #7180 on: 09 June, 2014, 07:51:16 pm »
My new bike. I love it very much.

xDSC01909fb by smart tart, on Flickr

slope

• Current pedalable joys
« Reply #7181 on: 09 June, 2014, 08:01:29 pm »
^ Wow. Lovely :)

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #7182 on: 09 June, 2014, 08:56:45 pm »
yes, and its also very p.............. :facepalm:

« Reply #7183 on: 10 June, 2014, 08:58:36 am »

One of a kind, really nice...
instagram / twitter: @bluemcardle

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #7184 on: 10 June, 2014, 09:02:56 am »

One of a kind, really nice...

Absolutely lovely.

« Reply #7185 on: 10 June, 2014, 09:16:06 am »

My Dawes, on the Liverpool Loop Line...
instagram / twitter: @bluemcardle

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7186 on: 11 June, 2014, 07:38:18 am »

Despite being a chap I am passionate about encouraging more women to ride bikes (part of the reason for the cycling group I run - see link in my sig line below).  If more women realised they could have a bike that looked like yours, and no doubt rides as beautifully as yours, I think there would be more on the road.  Of course women's bikes don't have to be pink, although yours is very pretty, my point is that bikes can be easily customised to suit the tastes of the rider.

I hope you have many happy mikes together  :-*

billplumtree

• Plumbing the well of gitness
« Reply #7187 on: 11 June, 2014, 07:49:58 am »
folding bike "london nocturne" edition:

I love it!  Er, what is it?

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #7188 on: 11 June, 2014, 01:33:06 pm »
I love it!  Er, what is it?

thanks, it's a customised dahon-saracen, been discontinued for few years now..

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #7189 on: 12 June, 2014, 11:17:36 am »
Our family train, with Butterfly coming straight from work, at the Cloverleaf Rides

P6100005 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr
Getting there...

« Reply #7190 on: 12 June, 2014, 08:38:28 pm »

Despite being a chap I am passionate about encouraging more women to ride bikes (part of the reason for the cycling group I run - see link in my sig line below).  If more women realised they could have a bike that looked like yours, and no doubt rides as beautifully as yours, I think there would be more on the road.  Of course women's bikes don't have to be pink, although yours is very pretty, my point is that bikes can be easily customised to suit the tastes of the rider.

Thank you... it's been a real life saver for me. I have a very bad back problem and cycling is by far the best exercise for me to do. Add my busy dog to the mix, and the fact that I live right by the sea, and you have a recipe for enjoyable, irresistible exercise. My last bike was not bad, a hybrid, but wasn't exactly the right size and couldn't be set up precisely right. I did do 2,000 very happy miles on it though! And I live in West Cornwall so none of them were flat miles.
 I went up to Lincoln to order a custom frame from Dave Yates, he even let me mix my own colour. He's very intuitive, and between him and the Cycle Centre in Penzance, who did everything else, I have the most amazing bike I could have imagined! It seems to ride itself, it's like riding air. And I can't bear to not be cycling.
As far as encouraging women to cycle, I cannot recommend it enough. There are other reasons apart from my back problem which make me say If I can do it, so can anyone. And if you can sell your old stuff on Ebay, you can buy yourself a bike like this.
Go for it!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7191 on: 13 June, 2014, 08:34:11 am »
 :thumbsup:

Ruth

« Reply #7192 on: 13 June, 2014, 11:31:47 am »

Thank you... it's been a real life saver for me. I have a very bad back problem and cycling is by far the best exercise for me to do. Add my busy dog to the mix, and the fact that I live right by the sea, and you have a recipe for enjoyable, irresistible exercise. My last bike was not bad, a hybrid, but wasn't exactly the right size and couldn't be set up precisely right. I did do 2,000 very happy miles on it though! And I live in West Cornwall so none of them were flat miles.
 I went up to Lincoln to order a custom frame from Dave Yates, he even let me mix my own colour. He's very intuitive, and between him and the Cycle Centre in Penzance, who did everything else, I have the most amazing bike I could have imagined! It seems to ride itself, it's like riding air. And I can't bear to not be cycling.
As far as encouraging women to cycle, I cannot recommend it enough. There are other reasons apart from my back problem which make me say If I can do it, so can anyone. And if you can sell your old stuff on Ebay, you can buy yourself a bike like this.
Go for it!

Post of the day!

That bike is so gorgeous, it really is Karen  :D

« Reply #7193 on: 13 June, 2014, 01:31:23 pm »
that pink bike is stunning!  Dave yates is a fenland genius.

we're having some sheds rebuilt so i had to empty them into the garage for a couple of weeks.  Apparently this is 'enough' bikes...

(4 of them are hers..)

« Reply #7194 on: 13 June, 2014, 03:26:27 pm »
Clearly that's nowhere near enough !!   What is she thinking ?!!??
Rust never sleeps

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7195 on: 13 June, 2014, 03:36:44 pm »
Clearly that's nowhere near enough !!   What is she thinking ?!!??

Agreed.

mike - ask if your good lady has enough shoes / handbags / horses / etc (delete as appropriate)  The answer is bound to be "NO WAY!!!"

You walk away trying not to look too smug and order yourself another bike  :thumbsup:

« Reply #7196 on: 13 June, 2014, 11:23:21 pm »
I swear I can see a speck of dust there Mike. The invasion map on the wall is very convincing.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #7197 on: 14 June, 2014, 06:29:30 am »
Clearly that's nowhere near enough !!

I see no...
DF tandem
recumbent tandem
DF trike
recumbent trike
unicycle
marathon frame triplet

is there a fixed wheel bike in there?
just asking

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #7198 on: 14 June, 2014, 07:10:28 am »

It occurs to me that you could be referred to as...
The Pink Pedaler of Penzance. ;D

you could be related to The Pink Panther or The Pirates of Penzance
or The Pink Pirates
or The Penzance Panthers

IGMC

slope

• Current pedalable joys
« Reply #7199 on: 14 June, 2014, 09:50:26 am »

Slope's latest fettle. Sportive slaying, carbon crushing all steel awesome mile eating glide minx with twin rear nukelear pods (top secret joint venture between well known concerns in Nelson, Lancashire and Dounreay).

More spokes than gears! Rad ;D

By the way, she's known as The Majestique Ms Whiplash (as anyone who has ridden these twin lateral framed bikes will recognise the word WHIP) :o