Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1600041 times)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #12225 on: 30 June, 2020, 11:47:25 am »
No mackerel on the fish van this morning.   :(
Apparently the sea was too rough last night and boats didn't put out from New Quay.
Bugger. I was looking forward to that.

The closest thing I can think of is macaroni cheese.  ;D  So I'd better get some more milk.
Just remember what hapened last time you went out for a pint of milk.

;D
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #12226 on: 30 June, 2020, 12:49:18 pm »
It is frustrating that local tips are increasing only open to people with vehicles.  Seems unreasonable to me.

I see the logic for not accepting pedestrians: It's to stop the motorists getting out and queue-jumping on foot (often with fuddish parking).

I've never had a problem (other than disbelief) arriving by bike; I just queue with the cars.  But they've now imposed a booking system that wants a registration number, so I contacted them to ask what to do.  So far, no reply.

I note that CrinklyLion's tip has a dedicated cyclists' entrance....

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #12227 on: 30 June, 2020, 12:57:19 pm »
Couldn't you just invent a number and explain when you get there? I don't suppose they're checking them on DVLA or anything.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #12228 on: 30 June, 2020, 12:59:18 pm »
Possibly.  But I'm not actually going there, because there's a pandemic.  I was mostly trolling them for being overly car-centric.

ian

« Reply #12229 on: 30 June, 2020, 01:22:48 pm »
Power off. Power on. Power off. Power on. Power off. Power on. Etc.

Fix it, UK Power Networks! This is the second week, something blew up, there's a big power generator perched on a nearby road and a bored chap in a car who's evidently guarding it for some reason (it's the size of a truck, I don't think someone is going to wander off with it). It usually waits just long enough for the computers and internet come back up (it takes about forever for the BT hub to reconnect) and for me to do enough work that my finger hovers over of the save button, befo

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #12230 on: 30 June, 2020, 01:34:41 pm »

Fix it, UK Power Networks! This is the second week, something blew up, there's a big power generator perched on a nearby road and a bored chap in a car who's evidently guarding it for some reason (it's the size of a truck, I don't think someone is going to wander off with it). It usually waits just long enough for the computers and internet come back up (it takes about forever for the BT hub to reconnect) and for me to do enough work that my finger hovers over of the save button, befo

Huh. My lunchtime coffee has tasted like essence of underpants for the last few days. I realized this morning that the dosage had been reset when the power went the other day.  Then I remembered that the washing machine drops the soap dose back to zero when the juice goes, and we had a wash in. :(
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #12231 on: 30 June, 2020, 01:36:03 pm »
It is frustrating that local tips are increasing only open to people with vehicles.  Seems unreasonable to me.

I see the logic for not accepting pedestrians: It's to stop the motorists getting out and queue-jumping on foot (often with fuddish parking).

I've never had a problem (other than disbelief) arriving by bike; I just queue with the cars.  But they've now imposed a booking system that wants a registration number, so I contacted them to ask what to do.  So far, no reply.

Our local is strictly cars and vans only.  No bicycles and no pads in spite of the fact that it is accessible by cyclists and pedestrians.

It's rubbish!!!    😉

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #12232 on: 30 June, 2020, 02:49:40 pm »

Our local is strictly cars and vans only.  No bicycles and no pads in spite of the fact that it is accessible by cyclists and pedestrians.

It's rubbish!!!    😉

You can go on roller skates to ours if you want to, as long as you've got the chipped card that lets you in.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #12233 on: 30 June, 2020, 03:00:03 pm »

It's rubbish!!!    😉

I'd love to challenge that under the Equality Act, but so much fight, not enough time/spoons/capacity + the law is a massive ASS.

« Reply #12234 on: 30 June, 2020, 03:49:04 pm »

I've taken a very large trailer load to the 'dedicated cyclist's bit'. It isn't an entrance, it is a special compound with some wheelie bins. I filled them in one trip :)
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #12235 on: 01 July, 2020, 04:13:00 pm »
Bah.  I have just discovered that the 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, which I finally completed today, is actually a 999 piece jigsaw puzzle. 

Bugger.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #12236 on: 01 July, 2020, 04:14:33 pm »
Bah.  I have just discovered that the 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, which I finally completed today, is actually a 999 piece jigsaw puzzle. 

Bugger.

Have you checked inside the dog?

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #12237 on: 02 July, 2020, 09:04:24 am »
Just wait and then check outside the dog.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

« Reply #12238 on: 02 July, 2020, 02:50:23 pm »

If it's a decent big gennie, it's probably worth enough cash to get a mate with a HIAB to come along and "borrow" it without asking................. :o

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #12239 on: 02 July, 2020, 04:17:13 pm »
Ungrumble.  The missing puzzle piece has turned up.  Stuck to the underside of the box.
Unfortunately, I only discovered this as I was dismantling and putting all the pieces back in it.  So even though I placed the piece, most of the rest had been undone, therefor the whole puzzle has technically not been competed.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #12240 on: 02 July, 2020, 07:19:36 pm »
at least it wasn't stuck to the bottom of the dog
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #12241 on: 03 July, 2020, 12:11:25 am »
Arse!  Blew out a candle , then turned around & knocked it over.   Wax splatters on 2 different rugs & the laminate floor.   Guess what I'm cleaning tomorrow  >:(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #12242 on: 03 July, 2020, 07:30:38 am »
Arse!  Blew out a candle , then turned around & knocked it over.   Wax splatters on 2 different rugs & the laminate floor.   Guess what I'm cleaning tomorrow  >:(
Brown paper and a warm iron.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #12243 on: 03 July, 2020, 07:52:02 am »
Dogs' bottoms and arse! candles... jeez.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #12244 on: 03 July, 2020, 10:33:47 am »

But did the summoning work?
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #12245 on: 03 July, 2020, 10:45:31 am »

No , so my plan to unleash a horde of ravening demons on Downing St is currently on hold :-(

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Edd

« Reply #12246 on: 03 July, 2020, 11:08:35 am »

No , so my plan to unleash a horde of ravening demons on Downing St is currently on hold :-(

Do demons attack their own kind?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #12247 on: 03 July, 2020, 12:17:22 pm »

I dunno, it looks like it's going rather well...

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #12248 on: 03 July, 2020, 02:27:42 pm »
Blooming heck.  It's July. I shouldn't be having to go upstairs for a jumper.

« Reply #12249 on: 03 July, 2020, 03:50:01 pm »
Bloomin' BBC weather forecast: you said it wouldn't rain before 3pm, so what was that wet, H20-like stuff cascading all over me at 12.15?  Not the nicest of rides home.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.