Author Topic: Time to float again  (Read 1128 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Time to float again
« on: 17 May, 2010, 11:05:12 pm »
Ok so it's coming upto that time of the year again, our annual friendly raft race is in a few months. Last year I wanted to use my recumbent trike as the basis of my raft, driving a waterwheel. And at some point it has to be done but I don't know about this year.

The only rules are that you have to have made it, ideally with recycled/left over/reclaimed materials so no buying new, and no engine power.

In the past we've had inflatible sofas, a collection of small balloons wrapped together in a metric fuckton of clingfilm and it won! We've also had giant origami paper boats, office plastic storage boxes, sun loungers, air beds, and bathtubs with polystyrene you name it it's been there.

Now I really want to use my trike at somepoint because it seems ideal, it's lightweight (11kg ish IIRC) it's low and takes up a largish surface area with loads of handy mounting posts. But most of all, it's fucking cool.

Here is my idea from last time:

But I don't necessarily have to go with the same idea but I'd like too. I've got 4 18l plastic watercooler bottles so far. I've gonna try for double that.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium