Author Topic: Survey - Pain from Cycling  (Read 1726 times)

Survey - Pain from Cycling
« on: 01 March, 2018, 12:35:33 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have been asked to pass on this survey by a friend who is doing a research project into injuries caused by poor cycling equipment/equipment set up/bad bike fit. If you have a few spare minutes to respond to their (really quite brief) survey they would be grateful!

The survey is HERE.

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps them out!

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
Re: Survey - Pain from Cycling
« Reply #1 on: 01 March, 2018, 01:22:26 pm »
 :thumbsup:

« Reply #2 on: 01 March, 2018, 02:07:00 pm »
I would be much happier with a mention of who and why the survey is being done

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3 on: 01 March, 2018, 02:26:15 pm »
I'd suggest that your methodology needs work, as I'm sure the majority of people who suffer pain from bad bike fit (or inappropriate handlebars, saddles, etc) are unaware that that's the cause of the problem, and consider such pain to be normal.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4 on: 01 March, 2018, 02:34:25 pm »
Slanted and spammy innit?

« Reply #5 on: 01 March, 2018, 03:26:03 pm »
Slanted and spammy innit?

Selling bike fits?

« Reply #6 on: 01 March, 2018, 04:59:33 pm »
Short response while I await full details for you...

I was sent this by a student at Imperial College (where I work) who is conducting the study for a piece of design engineering coursework. They sent it around the university bike-users mailing list and I suggested they could get more responses if they posted a request on some cycling forums (LFGSS, CTC, YACF), which I have done for them as favour. Anyone who has feedback (positive or negative) is welcome to PM me and I can put you in touch with them.

It's perfectly understandable to want to know where you are sending your information, no matter how anonymous and innocuous it may seem, so I've asked them to give me some kind of statement I can put in the original post that will answer these concerns. Hopefully this will suffice in the meantime.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7 on: 01 March, 2018, 05:50:14 pm »
Thank you!

« Reply #8 on: 02 March, 2018, 09:06:34 am »
also doesnt ask if the pain caused by riding was fixed by a bike fit, or if it still happened after a bike fit. (ie did the bike fit work or not)