Author Topic: PayPal for a one-off transaction with protection for the buyer  (Read 1153 times)

I am selling a bike to someone OTP who wants PayPal's protection; i.e. it is not a gift or whatever PP call it.

I am happy with this, but I don't know how to invoice them, and what the fees will be. PP's website isn't much help, so any guidance on how I need to do this?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Re: PayPal for a one-off transaction with protection for the buyer
« Reply #1 on: 22 April, 2018, 02:35:29 pm »
I assume that you want them to pay the cost of the bike plus the fees so that you receive the cost?

Don’t know if this is any good?

https://paypalfeecalculator.paymentprocessing.cc/

Not used it and no connection etc..

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #2 on: 22 April, 2018, 02:38:42 pm »
Just give them your email address, and ask them to the send the money to that. If they choose the option to pay for an "item or service" it will give them protection.

Standard fees are 3.4% + 20p, which are deducted from the payment you receive. So increase the cost you ask for, if you want the buyer to pay the fees.

« Reply #3 on: 22 April, 2018, 02:42:34 pm »
Thank you both, that is exactly what I was looking for. It appears the buyer has done the right thing and I don't need to request money from them.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.