Author Topic: Anyone experience a Baker's cyst?  (Read 1462 times)

Anyone experience a Baker's cyst?
« on: 24 April, 2018, 02:19:35 pm »
I have a Baker's cyst behind my left knee. Dunno how I got it - being old and fat probably had something to do with it. It's been sore to a greater or lesser extent for about 4 weeks now but today, for some reason, the pain is excruciating. I cannot walk, sit, lie with any degree of comfort. Ibuprofen isn't touching it. I have elevated it, compressed it with a crepe bandage, iced it front and back. I was at work but left as I couldn't move and I am at home crying in pain and wondering what to do. Do I woman up, do I phone the doc, do I go to A&E (hard cos it's 30 miles away and it's my clutch knee so I can't drive)? Can anyone help or make useful suggestions, please?

Re: Anyone experience a Baker's cyst?
« Reply #1 on: 24 April, 2018, 02:33:17 pm »
Can you get a bag of frozen peas around it, may give you some relief. Otherwise one for the medics I feel.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Re: Anyone experience a Baker's cyst?
« Reply #2 on: 12 May, 2018, 01:04:46 pm »
Though I don't. But I am responding to this question because my wife was incorrectly diagnosed with Baker's Cyst by multiple doctors & surgeons over a span of 12 years.  It eventually turned out to by Synovial Sarcoma, which is cancer.