Author Topic: Bargain Recumbents Ebay  (Read 2055 times)

Bargain Recumbents Ebay
« on: 05 May, 2018, 05:31:50 pm »
LIGHTNING P-38 RECUMBENT BICYCLE 2009 XLNT COND SHIMANO XT, ULTEGRA, DURA ACE
2017 ICE- SPRINT- FULL SUSPENSION RECUMBENT TRIKE
great pictures with a tropical setting ....and bright sun ....probably Glasgow !¬"£
Just follow the instructions from the very nice vendor and sit back and await to be scammed
Ebay advised and have done nothing  ???
Oh the starting bid is less than a tenner and if you fancy other bikes take a look
 eBay item number:

Re: Bargain Recumbents Ebay
« Reply #1 on: 05 May, 2018, 05:47:53 pm »
A short bit of research shows the vendor to be in Wales.  In fact,

AHIMSA HOLISTICS
BARBARA ANN EVANS
93 THE LINKS
TREVETHIN
PONTYPOOL
Torfaen
NP4 8DQ

The sockets in the background on one of those pictures are definitely not UK but that alone doesn't make it dodgy.  I have pictures of my bikes from tours abroad.

« Reply #2 on: 05 May, 2018, 06:03:54 pm »
A short bit of research shows the vendor to be in Wales.  In fact,

AHIMSA HOLISTICS
BARBARA ANN EVANS
93 THE LINKS
TREVETHIN
PONTYPOOL
Torfaen
NP4 8DQ

The sockets in the background on one of those pictures are definitely not UK but that alone doesn't make it dodgy.  I have pictures of my bikes from tours abroad.

The seller has exactly the same item listed as "located in" Canada and Germany, on different listings. The information in the "See full information" link (here) says it's actually £1100. I wouldn't touch it with a very long bargepole!

« Reply #3 on: 05 May, 2018, 06:31:38 pm »
Oh dear, the poor ebay seller has been hacked. She sells crystals/beads and has +ve thousands of feedback. Suddenly she has listed bikes, musical instruments and cameras, all starting at the same time, hundreds of items.

There's no point trying to contact her. I'll send a note to ebay and hope someone picks it up.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

« Reply #4 on: 05 May, 2018, 06:39:40 pm »
Obviously, those secondary "full information" pages don't normally have a link to "buy it now".

But this one has a fake one, I don't think ebay allows any seller to add links let alone a fake link on the main listing page.

If you look at the seller's other items, you can their real listings which are mostly "healing crystals" etc, with the item location which matches the seller's. Also look at completed listings.

I suspect all the listings for bikes, cameras etc were added by someone who's hacked the seller's account.

« Reply #5 on: 05 May, 2018, 06:49:39 pm »
Ah, good work folks.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #6 on: 05 May, 2018, 07:46:59 pm »
I took the trouble to ebay the account holder (found her email elsewhere). 

She thanked us for alerting her to the issue and apparently ebay have now locked her account down.

« Reply #7 on: 06 May, 2018, 10:54:28 am »
I took the trouble to ebay the account holder

That's a little forward, surely.

« Reply #8 on: 06 May, 2018, 10:57:28 am »
Yeah, I don't know what happened there.  Predictive text mixed in with not being able to properly read my small screen I guess.  Anyway, as you probably gathered, I emailed her. 

I'm not into alternative therapies so I decided not to bid on her!   :D

« Reply #9 on: 06 May, 2018, 11:43:06 am »
Here we go again now the ICE trike has landed in the States !!"£$%^ ::-)
Bay item number:

« Reply #10 on: 06 May, 2018, 06:57:33 pm »
I tried reporting fraudulent selling to ebay a couple of years ago but they weren't in the slightest bit interested.

I this instance it was someone in the States selling my Seiran.  No doubt about it from the photo, the only difference was that they had very crudely photo-shopped out the Challenge logo and replaced it with something else, can't quite remember what except that it began with 'V'.   

« Reply #11 on: 12 May, 2018, 04:46:16 pm »
This fab ICE Trike bargain has justed landed in London on the 12th of May 20189 from scam city in the USA
Gosh it must have loads of air miles and at least 5 recent owners ?
Sorry spell check cut in and suggests HOT AIR MILES and VAPOUR TRAILS