Author Topic: Travelodge check in policy?  (Read 7985 times)

Re: Travelodge check in policy?
« Reply #50 on: 30 July, 2018, 07:15:05 pm »
(My wedding night at Newcastle Airport Premier Inn turned out to be a taxi ride and a night in Cramlington. Overselling is industry wide)

Unlike Travelodge, the Premier Inn T+Cs don't mention relocation, so unless the terms were different in the past this was a breach of contract (or the Newcastle hotel was on fire).

Missing from the other tale of woe is a phone call to the hotel reception on the night - making sure the staff on duty know is the only way I'd expect to guarantee a room for a late arrival.

(oddly the PI T+Cs explicitly tell you to do this if you plan to arrive after 11 pm, for vague reasons about reception doors being locked)

Ben T

« Reply #51 on: 30 July, 2018, 07:45:38 pm »
I think the cooked breakfast at a PI does need to be ordered
It doesn't, it's just kept warm in tureens under a lamp. You can pay for it in advance, which they would like you to do, but you can just walk-up and pay on the spot and it costs no more,which is what I always do.
Poached eggs and porridge are the only things that are cooked to order.

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #52 on: 30 July, 2018, 08:11:01 pm »
And veggie sausages :)
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #53 on: 31 July, 2018, 07:19:49 pm »
You can have porridge as part of a cheaper continental.

Ben T

« Reply #54 on: 01 August, 2018, 12:06:27 am »
can you really, that's good to know...I often just want something hot, it's almost certainly much hotter than what passes for bacon and sausages in there  :thumbsup:

Diesel

• or Richard
« Reply #55 on: 08 August, 2018, 08:37:56 pm »
Checked in at 0630 at a Travelodge in May. Didn't plan to be that late but they didn't bat an eyelid!it was fine but I should have phoned ahead

A Premier Inn was annoyed when I checked in at 0400 on another night but it was still fine, again better to phone ahead

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #56 on: 08 August, 2018, 08:50:10 pm »
can you really, that's good to know...I often just want something hot, it's almost certainly much hotter than what passes for bacon and sausages in there  :thumbsup:

Certainly can at Premier Inn.
No idea about Travelodge.

AIUI the 'Continental' option is £6.99 and Premier option is £8.99.

The extra £2 buys a lot if that's what you want. I'm not a cooked breakfast person and my modest breakfast does not really justify £7.