Author Topic: Nobody loves me, everybody hates me...(pa russky)  (Read 8279 times)

Re: Nobody loves me, everybody hates me...(pa russky)
« Reply #25 on: 24 July, 2016, 11:43:30 pm »
Meanwhile, the plot thickens!

Whereas the track and field athletes have been banned, the IOC has sloped it's shoulders and passed the buck left it up to the governing bodies of other sports to decide if Russian competitors will be allowed to compete in Rio.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36878983

To cap it all, the IOC has also decided that whistle-blowing athlete Yuliya Stepanova will not be allowed to compete as a neutral after all,

The IOC statement added: "The executive board would like to express its appreciation for Mrs Stepanova's contribution to the fight against doping and to the integrity of sport."

[IOC President] Bach said the IOC was "expressing its gratitude" to Stepanova by inviting her and her husband to Rio as guests.

Well, that's nice. /s

Unsurprisingly, mileage varies regarding the above: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36879353
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #26 on: 25 July, 2016, 12:21:35 pm »
I can see why tennis then said russians can compete in their sport, most pro tennis players probably spend 60% of the year on tour and are tested more times in competition outside of their home country than in training at home. Pro golfers would be similar but for most olympic sports I would have thought that more time is spent in training than competition so they don't have a history of testing outside of Russia.

But the IOC has really passed the buck and too late in the day for the sports like swimming, weightlifting etc. to follow due process and assess each athletes testing history. This will result in them being allowed to compete and the results will be under question until the lab results come back, best delay all the medal ceremonies for 2 years to the world champs. :demon:

« Reply #27 on: 25 July, 2016, 10:40:03 pm »
Seems like it wasn't too late in the day for Fina to ban 7 Russians from the swimming events in Rio:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36887787
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #28 on: 27 July, 2016, 11:24:05 am »
Rowing has banned the russian womens 8 too, because one of them had previously failed a test.  This is great news for the ozzie w8 who thought for the last month or so that they were staying at home but they now have a place, so they've got to sober up, get on a plane, borrow a boat and oars and go race!

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #29 on: 07 August, 2016, 09:02:42 pm »
Complete ban on Russian Paralympic team :o
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #31 on: 14 September, 2016, 12:37:36 pm »
OH.  Maybe it wasn't just the Russkies!

Although I am sure that every single one of the suspiciously many exemptions granted to US sportspersons is legitimate, as Lance Armstrong's.
Getting there...

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #32 on: 28 December, 2016, 05:26:32 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/dec/27/russian-officials-admit-athletes-doping-olympics?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=206038&subid=7864904&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Shock horror! Campaign by Holy Mother Russia's enemies to blacken name of world's beacon of purity gains perfidious new allies in form of, er, Russian state admissions of being lying cheats.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

« Reply #33 on: 28 December, 2016, 08:38:00 am »
Cheats never prosper. Demonstrated loud and clear by Russia languishing in 4th place on the 2016 Olympics medal table.

If they'd done it clean they could have challenged us for 2nd place.

Steph

« Reply #35 on: 05 December, 2017, 06:58:38 pm »
Bozhe moi!

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #36 on: 05 December, 2017, 07:19:50 pm »
Get ready for a troll war and DDOS :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #37 on: 05 December, 2017, 10:42:34 pm »
Слава Богу!
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Steph

« Reply #38 on: 06 December, 2017, 11:29:19 am »
...and it's boggy from him!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #39 on: 06 December, 2017, 12:31:25 pm »
Are we seriously expected to believe that the IOC is less corrupt than anyone of its members!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #40 on: 06 December, 2017, 12:33:10 pm »
Garry Kasparov on the subject of verifiably-clean Russian athletes being allowed to compete under the Olympic flag...

The dark joke going around is that Russia has a lot of recent experience sending out "competitors" in uniforms that don't have Russian flags on them.
https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/938124581151404032

Meow. ;D