Author Topic: Successful Crackpot 1000 completion  (Read 1624 times)

Successful Crackpot 1000 completion
« on: 04 September, 2021, 03:51:58 pm »
I just wanted to show off my Dad's (Mark Bolton) successful Crackpot completion over the weekend. Started near Salisbury and the elapsed time was 70h 30m (48h moving).

This was the second attempt, as the first attempt earlier in the year was scuppered by some storms making some of the lanes in Somerset un-ridable.

Incredible ride.

Re: Successful Crackpot 1000 completion
« Reply #1 on: 04 September, 2021, 04:05:55 pm »
Congratulations!

I've done the Mille Cymru Mk1, which on paper has slightly more climbing and which I completed with relative ease...but I really don't think I'd manage the Crackpot largely because I don't want to, but mostly because the mental effort of not taking shortcuts would be overwhelming. Out and back routes are much easier psychologically.

« Reply #2 on: 05 September, 2021, 03:51:30 pm »
 :thumbsup:

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #3 on: 05 September, 2021, 06:46:22 pm »
Congratulations!

I've done the Mille Cymru Mk1, which on paper has slightly more climbing and which I completed with relative ease...but I really don't think I'd manage the Crackpot largely because I don't want to...

bhahaha the same here

Well done Mark

WyOwyvern

• Trolling along on the crest . . . . . .
« Reply #4 on: 08 September, 2021, 07:59:18 pm »
Excellent! Now has fabulous knowledge of Wessex. Of course it's not the done thing to publish times . . .

Let me know when the ride is validated and I'll add to the Crackpot wall https://www.wessexsr.org.uk/Crackpot.html

« Reply #5 on: 13 September, 2021, 11:28:09 am »
Unfortunately Mark wasn't aware of DIY validation by GPS, so didn't intend to get it validated @WyOwyvern

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #6 on: 18 September, 2021, 02:45:26 pm »
Superb!

And the riding it without even thinking of validation deserves an extra doff of the cap from me!

Well done to him - that's an incredible ride through some of the gnarlier countryside in the country!
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!