Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
OT Knowledge / Re: Wall repair prep pre decorating
« Last post by Jurek on Today at 11:48:02 am »
So I was thinking about replacing this 10mm quadrant with 15mm quadrant to hide the gap a bit once I've done the filling. But that's not going to work when I get to the horizontal bit here which isn't deep enough to take 15mm quadrant.
PXL_20240419_151559263 by The Pingus, on Flickr

Any fantastic ideas? (Besides knock the house down and start again)
Cut 3mm off one of the flats of the quadrant. Put that cut down flat against the wall. Trim the length of the diagonal quadrant at an angle so that end section fits the section of the horizontal quadrant.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 11:45:08 am »
Breakfast In America - Supertramp
Grow Your Own / Re: What have you done on the plot today?
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 11:44:09 am »
Squinted hard at the modules on the hearth that bear sweetcorn seeds, and lo! a couple have germinated a week on from planting. Only 28 more to go. The hearth is also home to the 11 remaining Big Daddy tomato seedlings, the twelfth having turned up its toes for no discernible reason. They’ve been terribly slow to grow but the promised step change in the temperatures forecast for tomorrow means they’ll be spending their days in the sunshine from now on.
OT Knowledge / Re: Underfloor heating pros / cons
« Last post by chrisbainbridge on Today at 11:42:26 am »
Thanks for all the above.

I had a chat with the bathroom fitter about UFH at the beginning of the process, during which he helped me to talk myself out of UFH. Things mentioned included:

- it’ll only warm the floor, not heat the room (fine, there will be a radiator / towel rail, it’s not a big room, and doesn’t get particularly cold. On the other hand, feasible size of said rad is limited)
- running costs, because you won’t be able to just “use it for short periods” as it takes time to warm up. Also, most inefficient to use UFH that way (dunno on this one)
- if it breaks etc. (Well in the course of talking about that he partially negated his argument by telling me about UFH setups that can tell you via an app where the break is. Guess it depends on how reliable these things are and correct installation)

I’m leaning towards getting it.
UFH heats the floor which then heats the room.  The heating is best at the floor and the decreases upwards so the ceiling is unheated.  Radiators by convection heat the air above your head height which is a complete waste!

The greater the thermal mass of the whole floor the more benefit from having it on all the time.  I think electric undefloor on a small bed could be put on for a few hours at a time.
« Last post by PaulF on Today at 11:27:47 am »
Sandman  - America
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by T42 on Today at 11:23:29 am »
Meanwhile, I haz been (I, haz-been, not (quite)) changing the stem on the ex-eBrute. Dead easy: you hold the bike in one hand, while offering up the bars to the stem with the other hand, holding the little clamping plate on the bars with the other other hand and inserting the screws with the other other other hand.  Dead easy for octopussies or Hindu dieties.

The reason for changing the stem is to put the short ex-eBrute one on the Trek, so now I'm looking forward to the same low jinks this pm, only in soot black.

Still, I can get back to HHGTTG on CD again (workshop hi-fi is vintage 1982).  The Party is just about to break up.
OT Knowledge / Re: Underfloor heating pros / cons
« Last post by Sergeant Pluck on Today at 11:17:17 am »
Thanks for all the above.

I had a chat with the bathroom fitter about UFH at the beginning of the process, during which he helped me to talk myself out of UFH. Things mentioned included:

- it’ll only warm the floor, not heat the room (fine, there will be a radiator / towel rail, it’s not a big room, and doesn’t get particularly cold. On the other hand, feasible size of said rad is limited)
- running costs, because you won’t be able to just “use it for short periods” as it takes time to warm up. Also, most inefficient to use UFH that way (dunno on this one)
- if it breaks etc. (Well in the course of talking about that he partially negated his argument by telling me about UFH setups that can tell you via an app where the break is. Guess it depends on how reliable these things are and correct installation)

I’m leaning towards getting it.
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 11:13:32 am »
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Online quizzes / Re: Quordle/Octordle
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 11:05:36 am »
And now a personal best of 3m 19.95 seconds for the standard Duotrigordle. That's 10 times in 691 games that I've beaten 4 minutes.

EVENT DATE: 25th May 2023
EVENT START LOCATION: Abbey Wood Retail Park, Filton, Bristol.

EVENT DISCRIPTION
Back for 2023 a '5 Star' reviewed 130k cycling event from Warmley Waiting Room.

Now with the option of event validation by E-Brevet app.

Includes free finishers' rectangular route map patch for all riders.

Back for 2024 a 130k event incorporating two of the 'Another 100 Greatest Climbs' of Simon Warren.

A gentle day's ride heading North to explore the Cotswolds which is classified as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

There are two rewarding climbs to be tackled before heading back South home. 

Flat County lanes till Stonehouse then climb Haresfield Beacon.

Return to Frocester ready to climb Frocester Hill.

Both Hills form part of Simon Warren's 'Another 100 Greatest Climbs', so it's a great opportunity to get two of his climbs ticked off.

Next, a coffee stop in Nailsworth as a reward for your two climbs, before heading South back home for a pub finish and a well-earned drink.

Mostly quiet lanes and minor roads with easy navigation.

Entry on the Line (EOL) is possible - £3 surcharge, payment by card or cash.

LAST EVENT FEEDBACK REVIEW – 2nd June 2022
Well organised ride.
Plenty of absolutely lovely single-track roads with little or no traffic.
Richard Hull

MORE EVENT INFORMATION
WARRENS & BURROWS EVENT DETAILS: https://audaxwales.com/events/warrens-burrows/
ROUTE MAP & GPS DOWNLOAD: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1508243?units=km

WANT TO KEEP UPDATED ON LATEST EVENT INFORMATION FOR 2024?
FULL 2024 EVENT DETAILS: www.sbraudax.com
EVENT UPDATES – FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/741802059633752/
EVENT UPDATES – STRAVA: https://www.strava.com/clubs/576108

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10