Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1576443 times)

gerwinium

• Occasional smug folding bastard
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #650 on: 11 September, 2011, 07:50:13 am »
My shoulder hurts - I pulled a muscle and 153km on the bicycle yesterday is apparently not the way to cure it :). And I managed to keep Mr gerwnium awake by snoring all night. Seems to be a trend that I do this after night rides :(. Ah, well, let me order a down mat so I can sleep on the floor next time  :-\.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #651 on: 11 September, 2011, 02:24:49 pm »
Dear BTYahoo,
Putting a noisy advert on top of my webmail guarantees only that I close down my mail tab as soon as I've read my mail; it will not entice me to visit Ireland. Some of the other ads were ugly or annoying but this is the pits.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #652 on: 11 September, 2011, 02:58:37 pm »
Teeth - please stop aching.
I know that one of your number was removed at the beginning of last week, but coming out in sympathy (so to speak) is not enhancing my usual sunny personality any1

1 - may contain traces of irony.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #653 on: 11 September, 2011, 04:29:11 pm »
Teeth - please stop aching.
I know that one of your number was removed at the beginning of last week, but coming out in sympathy (so to speak) is not enhancing my usual sunny personality any1

1 - may contain traces of irony.

Reminds me old dentist joak:

Is your dentist a Union Dentist?
One out, all out?!

Hope your teeth settle PDQ!

« Reply #654 on: 11 September, 2011, 09:18:40 pm »
Same here, actually.  Since I got struck by that virus, I've got back to work and to cycle commuting, but I don't have the power in my legs I had before.  And now I'm completely knackered again this morning.  :(
I don't want to worry you, but that was how my several months of declining health began, culminating in not being able to walk a mile without gasping for breath & needing a rest.

I did get better, though. Just one year totally wrecked.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #655 on: 13 September, 2011, 09:38:13 am »
Oh bum,

I've left my work clothes at home.  :(

« Reply #656 on: 13 September, 2011, 09:45:27 am »
Oh bum,

Ooops!
Stop analysing Strava and cut your hedge...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #657 on: 13 September, 2011, 10:03:40 am »
jogler = Plonker.
ToB Stage 3 in Hanley today :thumbsup:
Guess where I've arranged to be from 11000hrs today ::-)
working,not spectating :(

« Reply #658 on: 13 September, 2011, 10:09:12 am »
Digestion! You had one half of a small piece of black pudding (that contained wheat flour) on Sat. That really is no justification for ceasing to work.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #659 on: 13 September, 2011, 10:36:50 am »
Oh bum,

Ditto  ::-)
I had this nagging doubt that something was amiss when I left the house - looking in my desk drawer confirmed it.

Then I packaged up my old iPad ready to be sent off to its new owner only to discover the charger lurking in the bottom of my pannier - fortunately, the package won't be picked up until this afternoon so cue much repacking.

I'm going to go home at lunchtime and try and reboot the day.

« Reply #660 on: 13 September, 2011, 01:24:45 pm »
Next door: it's a good idea to have keys at each others' houses in case of emergency. However, your 14-year-old son is using it every other day, which suggests either a) he's a dozy twonk who keeps losing/forgetting his key or b) you don't trust him with a key. Either way it's not good having to open the door & to have to wait for him to bring it back every other day, so please to be getting him a key a.s.a.p.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

gerwinium

• Occasional smug folding bastard
« Reply #661 on: 13 September, 2011, 08:29:39 pm »
Lost my car keys. I think it's a sign that we need to sell the bugger and go carless. More space for bikes that way!

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #662 on: 13 September, 2011, 08:34:34 pm »
Lost my car keys. I think it's a sign that we need to sell the bugger and go carless. More space for bikes that way!
It's a cheaper way of doing it than spending £££ trying to fix an intermittent electrical fault  :-[ (the new owner of my ex-motor has already spent £500 on a new ECU, apparently - rather him than me)

I'm enjoying being carless, for now - it's quicker (and cheaper) for me to go to SWMBO's place in Leeds on the bus, and if I do need a car I can hire one as we've got a work account with $CAR_HIRE_FIRM and therefore get a discount rate.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #663 on: 14 September, 2011, 08:45:12 am »
Planet-X, where are my tyres and tubes?

Coffeebeanshop, where is my coffee?

Two ebay sellers, where is my top tube bag and my bar bag, respectively?

BAH!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #664 on: 14 September, 2011, 01:04:38 pm »
People who make "Here comes a Train": Your DVD is rather charming, and I positively enjoy the song "You can go anywhere on a train" even though the sentiment is inaccurate, and was so even before the era of Dr Beeching.

However, why did you flip the image in some shots? It wouldn't matter, except that the train from the Cotswolds Wildlife Park, which stars throughout, has writing on the side, and the driver has writing on his shirt! Which is backwards!

(I've lost count, but I think we've watched the whole DVD about 7 times so far. Max likes trains)
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #665 on: 14 September, 2011, 03:54:32 pm »
Planet-X, where are my tyres and tubes?

Coffeebeanshop, where is my coffee?

Two ebay sellers, where is my top tube bag and my bar bag, respectively?

BAH!

Answers:

1) the picking sheet hadn't been printed, but they assure me that it will be done today and with me tomorrow (I am waiting for the "sorry we are out of stock of that item" email, at which point Defcon Tiermat is reached....)

2) It arrived just as I was going out for my recce ride

3) F*** knows
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #666 on: 15 September, 2011, 09:08:56 am »
Oh for goodness sake.  I expect the pictures on this new fangled noughts and ones TV, which were mostly OK,   to improve after you switch the wavy line signal off rather than being degraded to the point of unusability.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #667 on: 15 September, 2011, 09:26:58 am »
Various septics: I have a very easy to remember Yahoo.com email address. I've had it since 1996 & I like it, especially since Yahoo allowed me to use a dot instead of an underscore to separate my first & second name.

So why do you keep emailing me when I've told you that I am not Andre - nor would I ever conceivably want to be an Andre? And then, when you've told me that: "you have the beef!", do you get all uppity when I tell you I want mine medium rare? After all, I'd already told you three times I wasn't Andre.

Twunts!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #668 on: 17 September, 2011, 12:21:31 pm »
Bugger.
The 1 button on the land line is borked. That means I can't call anyone for free today.
The only person I know with an 02 number is an elderly rellie.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #669 on: 17 September, 2011, 05:53:02 pm »
Bugger.
The 1 button on the land line is borked. That means I can't call anyone for free today.
Learn to sing the '1' tone.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #670 on: 17 September, 2011, 05:57:56 pm »
Bugger.
Learn to sing the '1' tone.

Isn't each tone actually two tones? Idon't think it's possible to split the human voice. (Phone tones are a bit high for a bloke too...)

« Reply #671 on: 18 September, 2011, 12:35:51 pm »
Ah weathergods, that's how it's going to be is it? Set off in nice sunshine for a bike ride, start raining (rather heavily) 2 miles in.

Rains all the way round and then within a mile of home the sun comes out again  ::-)

Actually not too much of a grumble, was a rather pleasant ride especially as it was the first non-commute in ages (and I've not done many commutes lately either), not too windy for a change and nice to just get out and ride.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #672 on: 18 September, 2011, 04:00:27 pm »
Bugger.

Tap the switch that is operated by putting the handset back down.

The exchanges still recognise pulse dialed numbers, and 1 is the easiest.

(That all goes so wrong on a cordless phone......)
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #673 on: 18 September, 2011, 04:03:21 pm »
Vauxhall - I do not need a little light on the dashboard telling me when to change gear. Given all the car-related malarkey I've had to put up with, my brain now interprets any previously invisible dashboard light as "something wrong". Besides which, I know when I need to change gear - I don't need a little light to remind me.

Fortunately, this is a hire car so I only have to put up with it until tomorrow.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #674 on: 18 September, 2011, 09:25:52 pm »
I did actually try tapping, remembering how we used to phone home locally for free in the good old button A, button B days.  One attempt failed and I assumed it no longer worked.
Bought a cheap phone in Tescos in Carmarthen today.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.