Author Topic: Randonneurs NL brevets in the 2022 season  (Read 4737 times)

Re: Randonneurs NL brevets in the 2022 season
« Reply #25 on: 23 June, 2022, 09:17:30 pm »
Alan, yes it was, though you'd be laughed off the Alfa Romeo forum for your mispelling! Good to meet you.

Oh dear... never noticed that  :facepalm: - but it gets worse, I was the proud owner of an Alfa back in the 90's
an Imola 75 series.

Anyway good to see you finished, more than I could manage. I could have helped with the water though, the track had lots of waypoints for local authority water taps along the route. I agree the route back could have been better but then it would have gone way over distance.

A map of all the public water taps in the Netherlands: https://drinkwaterkaart.nl/waar-kan-ik-gratis-water-tappen/

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #26 on: 24 June, 2022, 07:42:56 am »
Thanks Ivo,

Roef had given us some water tap locations along the route but I didn't have the info with me during the day - my error, thankfully the locals were friendly! Now if I'd known about the map you've linked to....

Also, forgot to sat many thanks to slugbait and quixoticgeek OTP for the advice pre-ride.
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

« Reply #27 on: 29 June, 2022, 08:15:55 pm »
many thanks to slugbait and quixoticgeek OTP for the advice pre-ride.

No problem, good to hear it was helpful and a nice report of the ride. Unfortunately, I was unable to join that day. But if you're riding (or you're volunteering on)  LEL: I'm the guy on a blue steel bike with a traditionial randonneur bag on a front rack and a Carradice-like bag at the back. Feel free to approach me.

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #28 on: 30 June, 2022, 10:34:29 am »
No problem, good to hear it was helpful and a nice report of the ride. Unfortunately, I was unable to join that day. But if you're riding (or you're volunteering on)  LEL: I'm the guy on a blue steel bike with a traditionial randonneur bag on a front rack and a Carradice-like bag at the back. Feel free to approach me.

I'll be running the show at Barnard Castle - look forward to meeting you (twice)
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

« Reply #29 on: 12 September, 2022, 05:55:40 am »
During the final weekend of september we'll offer a 600 in Boekelo (near the German border). This 600 still counts for your PBP pre-qualification.
https://www.fiets.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97984