Author Topic: First-World Problems.  (Read 333668 times)

Re: First-World Problems.
« Reply #2400 on: 11 October, 2020, 03:51:32 pm »
I have fruit on my morning muesli, a banana and peach, the latter fresh when in season, but mostly M&S peach slices. Now our local M&S has stopped selling peach slices (other than poncy ones in Armangnac). So I have resorted to Del Monte’s. The M&S slices are from large peaches, and around 1/8 of a fruit. The Del Monte “premium” ones are from smaller peaches and are 1/10 or 1/12 o& a fruit. This is not acceptable  >:(
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #2401 on: 11 October, 2020, 03:54:29 pm »
Clearly the solution is to add some Armagnac to your breakfast diet...

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2402 on: 13 October, 2020, 09:52:03 am »
My coffee machine was misconfigured and has just delivered 75% more liquid than required in my espresso. I don’t like watery coffee.  >:(
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #2403 on: 13 October, 2020, 09:55:50 am »
My coffee machine was misconfigured and has just delivered 75% more liquid than required in my espresso. I don’t like watery coffee.  >:(
Well, what do you expect if you rely upon the magic of the internet to control your coffee machine ?   :-)
Rust never sleeps

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2404 on: 13 October, 2020, 09:59:21 am »
Well, what do you expect if you rely upon the magic of the internet to control your coffee machine ?   :-)
After a career of 40 years in telecoms, the only mystery of the internet is how some of it actually continues to work given that I was actually responsible for some of the darker corners  ;D
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #2405 on: 13 October, 2020, 10:08:11 am »
 ;D ;D
Rust never sleeps

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2406 on: 16 October, 2020, 08:06:04 pm »
I've run out of tea :o

Fckles!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2407 on: 16 October, 2020, 08:17:20 pm »
I thought 'brown drink' was coffee.?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #2408 on: 16 October, 2020, 08:39:53 pm »
Brown drink is for what passes for mornings round here.  Tea is for after dinner.  And I ent got none left.  Bah!

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #2409 on: 16 October, 2020, 10:38:21 pm »
I’m not sure that’s just a first world problem.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2410 on: 17 October, 2020, 07:35:29 am »
Brown drink is for what passes for mornings round here.  Tea is for after dinner.  And I ent got none left.  Bah!

I completely ran out of espresso beans for two days last week, had to resort to cafetiere and Greek coffee
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2411 on: 17 October, 2020, 09:16:33 am »

Mine reverts to factory settings when there's a power cut.  I'm thinking of putting it on a UPS.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2412 on: 17 October, 2020, 02:44:20 pm »
The shutters on our wall sockets are impossible to budge using the point of a mains-tester screwdriver.  I had to strip the back off a plug, shove that in and test the exposed terminals inside.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #2413 on: 20 October, 2020, 08:37:13 pm »
The Solitaire app on this fondleslab has just served up a shitvert for a 12-seater private jet :o

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2414 on: 26 October, 2020, 10:11:22 am »
Having brought the boy to work for his first day I thought I would loiter in the area in case of issues. So I planned a trip to a motorcycle dealership to while away some time. It’s closed on a Monday.  :facepalm:

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #2415 on: 05 November, 2020, 07:43:48 am »
The problem with overnight oats is that you have to remember to put them on the night before.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2416 on: 05 November, 2020, 11:32:37 am »
The Solitaire app on this fondleslab has just served up a shitvert for a 12-seater private jet :o

Apparently that industry's been booming, as there are enough people who can afford to charter a private jet and have enough sensibleness to  a) not normally do so  and  b) want to avoid travelling on a plane with the coronolurgi-infested masses  but not enough sensibleness to just  c) stay in the hoose and not go flying around the world during a pandemic.

« Reply #2417 on: 05 November, 2020, 01:42:03 pm »
The problem with overnight oats is that you have to remember to put them on the night before.

Indeed. I can't fathom how my wife manages dry muesli on her breakfast  :sick:.  I always have to soak mine overnight. Top tip if you forget - microwave for a minute or so. Warm, yes, but softer.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2418 on: 05 November, 2020, 01:58:24 pm »
I quite like dry muesli. But only if it's the right muesli. It has to be heavy on fruits and nuts; almost trail mix rather than muesli.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #2419 on: 05 November, 2020, 02:11:21 pm »
I used to eat 'dry' muesli but I got fed up of all the  unadsorbed milk floating about. No micro here so it's soggy oats or floaters.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #2420 on: 06 November, 2020, 08:53:48 am »
I add close to minimal near-boiling water and leave for half an hour. Still luke warm and partly cooked and well soaked.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

« Reply #2421 on: 09 November, 2020, 07:38:14 pm »
Broke my USB-C to Display Port adapter so I can only use one monitor instead of two for work tomorrow.

"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #2422 on: 09 November, 2020, 08:22:42 pm »
I used to eat 'dry' muesli but I got fed up of all the  unadsorbed milk floating about. No micro here so it's soggy oats or floaters.
I think we're talking about a different sort of dry. I was meaning dry as without milk (or other liquid). A sort of crunchy oaty trail mix.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #2423 on: 09 November, 2020, 08:24:13 pm »
I assuming you're referring to some sort of treated oats or granola. There's no way I could swallow a mouthful of raw oats with no liquid.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #2424 on: 09 November, 2020, 08:27:22 pm »
I guess they're rolled oat flakes, small ones not the big ones usually sold as porridge oats. Those would be a bit much to swallow dry. But they're pretty much just a filling between the nuts and fruits really.