Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Today at 01:30:27 pm »
Planned birthday run changes when running mate remembered he actually had to work and a fellow shift worker messaged saying fancy a ride. Got the fast bike out and had a ride in near perfect conditions. He went off like a rocket so spent first 30km mostly chasing him, found a new to me road which worked well for our route. We then stopped at roadworks lights for a few minutes and legs got cold but his just stayed cold so the lead role was reversed. Did both push each other up a few hills. Had to skip coffee as needed to make a cake for my shift so rolled in just over 42km at a for me quick pace.
I've just read an internal report (so no link, sorry) that says that the 9 month period to the end of this March was the wettest 9 month period in Wales on record (189 years of record)
Grow Your Own / Re: New Lawnmower?
« Last post by mike on Today at 01:16:43 pm »
I'd recommend a trip down the A10 to Wrights Mower Centre.

You can then have a slice of pizza and a coffee at Hot Numbers afterwards as a reward.  :thumbsup:

good shout, did exactly that this morning and got a deal on a 'weibang' mower! (yes, partly because the name makes me chuckle)   Very good sausage sandwich @ hot numbers too.

@legs - they look fantastic but might attract attention from people passing by on the footpath behind the house...
The Knowledge / Old steel-
« Last post by joy of essex on Today at 01:08:48 pm »
So,  for a project I 've been  thinking about buying  and renovating a vintage,  ie probably from the last century, steel  tourer. Something like a Galaxy, Romany, Nigel Dean  or similar.
I ll use it for touring and rough stuff  but it won't be asked to carry more than a saddlebag.

One thought occurs  to me , provided the frame is or at least appears to be in good nick then do you  think   this is  worth while endeavour?

Will old 531 ST  hold up  to the rigours of 2024 ?

OT Gallery / Re: Birds (feathered kind)
« Last post by Flite on Today at 12:57:45 pm »
Two short-eared owls in Upper Weardale.
One was wing-clapping, behavoir I have never observed before, so very exciting.
Too cold and windy to get phone out in a hurry (I was biking) so no photos.
Coffee stop at the re-opened and very good Hemmel Cafe in Allenheads.

Bah, didn't get there.
Approaching the top of the first climb I started getting visual aura (migraine) and made the sensible decision to take a couple of tablets and cruise home. Felt OK by the time I got here.

Due to be less windy at the w/e, and a change of direction, which opens up different possibilities...
My mother-in-law reports that it is snowing where she is.
(not in the UK)
The Dark Side / Re: BHPC racing
« Last post by Kim on Today at 12:38:02 pm »
I've been distracted by the Worlds.  Registrations for the first event of the 2024 season, in Hull on the 27/28th of April, are open to members and non-members:

https://shop.bhpc.org.uk/race-signon

(Bring your own water.  The track is good, but there's a conspicuous absence of a tap.)
The Pub / Re: The Good News / Bad News Thread
« Last post by Kim on Today at 12:35:54 pm »
BN: They've cancelled barakta's MRI
GN: And re-booked it on the same day at not bollocks-o-clock in the morning
BN: This means she won't be able to come to Hull
GN: This means she won't be able to come to Hull 
Audax / Re: Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens 200
« Last post by GdS on Today at 12:13:57 pm »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10