Author Topic: Clwyd Gate  (Read 1973 times)

Clwyd Gate
« on: 20 October, 2014, 06:10:10 am »
What a great ride! I have finally entered and completed an Audax. The weather was good, apart from the wind which insisted on being a headwind from Abegele to Denbigh Moor. Thanks to the guys from Wrexham for encouragement, and the group who caught me on the last leg back to Corwen, with whom I cycled back to the finish.

Thanks to Vicky and her husband for the organisation.

I am off to look for my next event...

Tail End Charlie

Re: Clwyd Gate
« Reply #1 on: 20 October, 2014, 10:10:50 am »
Well done, it's a tough ride made harder by the wind. It's great area to ride in and there are several other rides which start from there or close by. All of them are worth doing. It's a good feeling getting the first one under your belt (and AAA points to boot). I was an Audax member for more than five years before I got round to doing one (all the talk about brevet cards etc confused me) and although I'm not experienced, I've enjoyed each one.

« Reply #2 on: 20 October, 2014, 12:45:29 pm »
I was an Audax member for more than five years before I got round to doing one (all the talk about brevet cards etc confused me) and although I'm not experienced, I've enjoyed each one.

Thanks for your kind words. I have been a member for at least three years before getting to this point, so I am pleased to have finally completed my first. I did have my name down for one of the other events in July, but with a shocking weather forecast and me not feeling 100%, I am afraid I pulled out. Having now completed the first, I think I will be less likely to pull out in future!

bikey-mikey

• AUK 6372
  • Yes, I am completely mad ! a.k.a. 333
« Reply #3 on: 28 October, 2014, 10:53:44 am »
I add my congratulations for a ride well done!

It's easy for me to roll out Audax rides like clockwork, but what you've done was a much bigger step, and dare I say more audacious!!

Hope to ride with you some time  :thumbsup:
I’ve decided I’m not old. I’m 25 .....plus shipping and handling.

Cycling heatmap
https://www.strava.com/athletes/4628735/heatmaps/6ed5ab12#10/51.12782/-3.16388

« Reply #4 on: 04 November, 2014, 12:43:06 pm »
I add my congratulations for a ride well done!

Hope to ride with you some time  :thumbsup:

Many thanks for your comments!

slohill

• still at it
« Reply #5 on: 04 November, 2014, 06:10:19 pm »
Perm available for this and The Clwydian if anyone is interested (and various other Cheshire/North wales hilly rides).  See Audax UK website for details.
Organiser of  Tour of the Berwyns 200k and Panorama Prospect 130k; Saturday May 20 2023