Author Topic: Google Calendar Sharing  (Read 788 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Google Calendar Sharing
« on: 23 May, 2019, 01:10:05 am »
Does anyone know if it's possible to share a google calendar with people without making it public but without inviting them individually ie secret link? You can't seem to be able to do it anymore.
[/size][/color]
[/size]Here's what I'm trying to.[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]Group A looks after bookings, Group B would like to view calendar but not edit. Group A doesn't want to add and manage 100 people individually but also doesn't want the calendar to be public. [/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]Or alternatively and preferred, a way to create a new *super* calendar where we can add everyone without it being public. That is fed from all the groups' individual calendars.[/color]
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Google Calendar Sharing
« Reply #1 on: 23 May, 2019, 08:25:59 am »
For our shared calendar, I just add them to the list of emails under "Share with specific people" part of the config for that calendar.  About 28 emails on our share list at the moment.

You can share the main calendar for your account, or another calendar you created.

On your computer, open Google Calendar. You can't share calendars from the Google Calendar app.
On the left, find the "My calendars" section. You might need to click it to expand it.
Hover over the calendar you want to share, click More More and then Settings and sharing.
To share with individuals: Under "Share with specific people," add the person or the email address of the person you want to share with.
To change wider sharing settings: Under "Access permissions," choose an option in the drop-down menu. Learn more about these options below.
If someone isn't already added, click Add people.
Add people and click Send.
If you shared your calendar with an individual email address, they'll see your calendar in their "Other calendars" list. If you shared your calendar with an email group , they'll see the calendar in their "Other calendars" list once they click on the link in the email invitation from Google Calendar. 
Regards,

Joergen