Random Musings > Kidstuff

New pram tyres in 203 size

(1/3) > >>

fd3:
I get about a puncture a year on the bike, but the pram has now increased to two a month (record is 4 punctures in one fell swoop).  On the plus side I am now pretty good at fixing punctures.
As the twins will prob still be in the pram for a year I am looking to upgrade the tyres.  I am considering big apples and kids plus.  If it were just me I would go with the big apples, but my wife spends more time pushing the pram so would prob value the greater puncture protection.
Anyone have any thoughts or experiences?

D.A.L.E.:
Go tubeless.

Cudzoziemiec:
Go tubeless with hydro discs.

Or seriously, I don't remember ever getting pram punctures. Possibly the pram tyres were solid though, certainly push chair ones were. But I can't see any reason to value anything other than puncture proofness in pram tyres. Rolling resistance and wear would hardly be issues.

Having said that, I'm sure mother and baby type magazines are full of reviews of performance orientated pram rubber.

hellymedic:

--- Quote from: Cudzoziemiec on 28 November, 2017, 12:07:41 pm ---Go tubeless with hydro discs.

Or seriously, I don't remember ever getting pram punctures. Possibly the pram tyres were solid though, certainly push chair ones were. But I can't see any reason to value anything other than puncture proofness in pram tyres. Rolling resistance and wear would hardly be issues.

Having said that, I'm sure mother and baby type magazines are full of reviews of performance orientated pram rubber.

--- End quote ---

Suspect they are not because punctures are infrequent and folk ditch prams after single use.

Bought a new wheelchair tyre from my LBS (Bittacy Cycles, now no more).

I don't like solid tyres though my NHS wheelchair is so shod.

Suggest you look online.

Bike tyres are black and vulcanised. Wheelchair tyres (and presumably pram tyres but I don't definitely know) are made of 'non-marking' unvulcanised rubber, which is softer.

hellymedic:
Googling got me this. http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/bike-tyres/schwalbe-kid-plus-buggy-tyre-12x1-75?cm_mmc=Google+PLA-_-Bike+Parts-_-Bike+Tyres-_-541203&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=xwilmqqll&istBid=tztp&_$ja=tsid:94971%7Ccid:868555867%7Cagid:49387669172%7Ctid:pla-328641422302%7Ccrid:203456299104%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:17772490719437152865%7Cdvc:c%7Cadp:1o3%7Cmt:%7Cloc:9045962&gclid=CjwKCAiAr_TQBRB5EiwAC_QCq6NyPCulkQktiWv1GBY2wEgC43Mz_Pt0biJGa1TLOsOEIqbXwem0eBoCof8QAvD_BwE

Schwalbe puncture-proofness web offer from Halford's.

Seems fair to me...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version