Author Topic: Little Eye On The Crazy World Of Foreigners  (Read 132428 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Little Eye On The Crazy World Of Foreigners
« on: 25 February, 2018, 08:09:48 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-43137005

I think this is an excellent idea, although probably more expensive than putting £1000 behind the bar at the wake to make people turn up.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Re: Little Eye On The Crazy World Of Foreigners
« Reply #1 on: 03 March, 2018, 12:49:39 am »
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2 on: 03 March, 2018, 09:20:16 am »
"Deet semen fuelling" made me think of this Viz oddity from many years back: http://viz.co.uk/2014/10/03/mickeys-monkey-spunk-moped/
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #3 on: 04 March, 2018, 09:01:23 pm »
I have just heard an American postulate that the 1908 Tunguska Event was caused by Nikola Tesla.

Apparently his Long Island experiment produced a 'death ray'.

He wanted to demonstrate this with an explosion at the North Pole - and overshot a bit.

I used to think 'You couldn't make this shit up'. I'm not so sure . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #4 on: 04 March, 2018, 09:53:12 pm »
May I suggest you descend upon the YouTube channel 'world of batshit'?
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #5 on: 04 March, 2018, 09:59:46 pm »
This was Discovery . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #6 on: 04 March, 2018, 10:22:20 pm »
I recall with fondness those innocent days before National Geographic, Discovery, History, and The Learning Channels became crappe.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #8 on: 06 April, 2018, 09:36:14 pm »

« Reply #9 on: 24 April, 2018, 05:51:37 pm »

« Reply #10 on: 15 May, 2018, 11:49:52 pm »
Sorry, but you're not getting your emotional support snakes on this plane!

American Airlines has announced that reptiles, rodents, and goats will not be allowed to fly on their flights, even if they’re emotional support animals. These animals and a sizeable list of others have been banned from flying on the airline due to safety issues

http://time.com/5277002/goats-banned-as-emotional-support-animals-american-airlines/

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #11 on: 16 May, 2018, 03:40:17 am »
What about ferrets?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #12 on: 19 May, 2018, 12:57:18 am »

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #13 on: 19 May, 2018, 04:13:57 am »
That's got to be an excerpt from a new Carl Hiaasen novel.  Hasn't it?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #14 on: 19 May, 2018, 11:12:00 am »
That's got to be an excerpt from a new Carl Hiaasen novel.  Hasn't it?

;D :thumbsup:

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #17 on: 24 May, 2018, 11:23:03 pm »
comment noted.

I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

« Reply #18 on: 25 May, 2018, 02:19:28 pm »
cygnet, some areas of the forum shouldn't be mentioned. One of the few forum rules.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #19 on: 21 June, 2018, 04:31:56 pm »
Actual headline: Phillie Phanatic's wayward wiener hits woman in face, causes injuries

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2018/06/20/phillie-phanatics-flying-hot-dog-injures-woman/720328002/

« Reply #20 on: 26 July, 2018, 06:24:12 pm »
Those Russians!

Police in Siberia have fined a local blogger for cruising the streets of Tyumen inside a bathtub, stirring a social media storm in his support.

“Do whatever you want, they’re still going to judge you for the rest of your life,” he wrote in an Instagram post announcing his bathtub ride.

Tyumen traffic police said they saw the online images and fined both the driver and the bather for violating safety rules.

“The 29-year-old driver and the 32-year-old passenger of the self-made trailer admitted to committing an administrative offense, saying they just wanted to have fun,” the police said in a statement Tuesday.

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/shirtless-siberian-fined-cruising-streets-bathtub-62337

« Reply #21 on: 11 August, 2018, 01:19:55 pm »
With friends like these...  :o

(Originally spotted this story via Twitter, but luckily I found a news aggregator site instead of the Daily Mail)

The victim and his soldier friend, whose names have not been released, had fallen out and been fighting in the city of Dnipro in south-eastern Ukraine’s Dnipropetrovsk Oblast region. The soldier pulled the pin out of the grenade before running off, leaving the man holding down the lever while shouting for help. Pictures show a number of policemen surrounding him on the ground, bravely helping him hold onto the grenade’s safety lever, and at one point even using sticky tape to secure their hands to what they believed to be a live grenade about to go off

https://news.youtubecategories.com/moment-police-tape-mans-hand-to-grenade-safety-catch-daily-mail/

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
It is simpler than it looks.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #24 on: 14 August, 2018, 10:03:23 am »
Foreigners go on holiday in their own country.
I wonder1 how she voted in the Referendum?

1. No I don't actually.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.