Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1253663 times)

Zoidburg

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #700 on: 14 October, 2009, 04:19:15 pm »
I think I have dropped about half a stone.

I actually want to put this back on as I think I have lost a bit of of muscle mass from my upper body since finishing my last job.

simonp

« Reply #701 on: 14 October, 2009, 06:33:48 pm »
Try the 100 pushups if not already doing so.

I'm putting on weight.  No cycling, but am swimming and doing the pushups and situps progs.  And up to 700 chain punches to follow.

Upper body muscle mass has increased.  That's my excuse for 74kg.

Zoidburg

« Reply #702 on: 14 October, 2009, 06:37:08 pm »
Already as bulky as I would be doing that, I used to work for building supply place, much throwing about of heavy stuff, I am already above 72kg.

« Reply #703 on: 15 October, 2009, 01:20:31 pm »
Now 94kg and still (ever so slowly) decreasing. Have cut out the "low fat" choccy bars (they were still 200 calories each) at work, fruit for lunch mainly. Ccyling has dropped off a cliff with dark evenings, and I've yet to fully embrace the turbo, but that'll come. But then on 1st June I was 105kg so still pleased overall.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

alan

« Reply #704 on: 15 October, 2009, 01:37:32 pm »
Same weight as myself.Very little cycling done recently(too much work & yoo much lazy) & too many cakes & biscuits.

« Reply #705 on: 16 October, 2009, 10:40:38 pm »
Up to 75kg after little exercise in the last 6 weeks and too much America. SUPERSIZE ME.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #706 on: 16 October, 2009, 10:54:52 pm »
I started this in April 2009 and then totally flopped out of it. Excuses are to do with health and medical issuea for me and other family members.
Tonight, 16th October 2009, I have just pushed TWO large Pizzas down my throat as a "Final curtain call" for the excesses.
I weigh the same as I did in April, 125kg, and I have the target of losing 5kg before 2010 and that has to include any festivities in December!
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #707 on: 21 October, 2009, 11:48:58 am »
I'm getting closer!  Lighter than I've ever been.  Hoping to maintain progress :)
Getting there...

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #708 on: 21 October, 2009, 12:41:21 pm »
I put back on in a month, all the weight I've lost this year.

:'(

« Reply #709 on: 21 October, 2009, 12:55:58 pm »
I have been told by my doctor yesterday to Eat Less Pies (TM). Glad to meet you all here.

LEE

« Reply #710 on: 21 October, 2009, 01:02:58 pm »
I have been told by my doctor yesterday to Eat Less Pies (TM). Glad to meet you all here.

Pasties make an ideal pie substitute.

« Reply #711 on: 21 October, 2009, 01:05:51 pm »

Indeed. I seem to be shovelling one in as I type.

This is probably why I have been stuck at x+5kg for the past 3 weeks.

simonp

« Reply #712 on: 21 October, 2009, 01:29:29 pm »

I hope you corrected his grammar.  :P

Welcome on board.  :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #713 on: 21 October, 2009, 01:48:00 pm »

Or samosas.
Getting there...

« Reply #714 on: 21 October, 2009, 02:32:24 pm »
To be honest, my doctor's grammat was faultless, I paraphrased his instructions.
Looks like I have a pre-diabetic condition - ie. I'm not utilising all the sugar in the bloodstream, which will eventaully lead to diabetes, unless I cut down on the pies.

« Reply #715 on: 21 October, 2009, 03:13:08 pm »
unless I cut down on the pies.

If you cut them in two you can eat twice as many.

</Majorie Dawes>
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
« Reply #716 on: 25 October, 2009, 10:52:49 am »
Weighed myself this morning... Bloody hell!   :o

Down to 11st 7lbs, 73-74kg! 20+lbs lost since the start of August.  :thumbsup:

All through the 'get thee behind me, Satan's biscuits' plan.

I'm off to make a banana & walnut cake to celebrate...   ::-)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #717 on: 25 October, 2009, 10:54:18 am »
Really well done, Marco! :thumbsup:
Getting there...

« Reply #718 on: 25 October, 2009, 11:05:05 am »
I am still dropping weight, slowly but surely.  My body fat has dropped a lot.  I am also feel a lot fitter and my base is quite strong.  I am back into my sit up and push up routine on weekday mornings too.  The downside is I feel the cold more now.  I have noticed a side effect if my sugars go too high is that my metabolism goes into overdrive and this drives up my core temperature.  So if I am being good and not eating too many sugars my metabolism just ticks along and I have to be really careful about keeping warm.
I particularly suffered on the recent FNRTTS due to being cold because my HR was dropping down towards 52% of max.  That is not enough to keep me warm when it is cold outside.

I am not losing that much weight, down to 84 kg now but I have noticed big differences in body shape, particularly around the stomach, which was my area of concern.  My love handles have nearly gone now  ;D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #719 on: 28 October, 2009, 11:28:48 am »
Oh bugger.
Getting there...

alan

« Reply #720 on: 28 October, 2009, 11:58:17 am »
I gave up with the scales & regular weight watching a while ago.Too a large extent I have also ceased to be mindfull of the quantities of naughty-but-nice stuff I eat.
I was suprised to see that I have lost 2.5 kg when I weighed myself this morning compared to the last time I stood on the scales approximately 6 weeks ago.
 I think I know why this has occurred;it is work related; but it is a method that I would not recommend or wish to repeat.

« Reply #721 on: 04 November, 2009, 10:44:32 am »
We've eaten out rather more than advisable over the last couple of weeks. This hasn't helped :-[. Going to my favourite restaurant (cafe sol in Clapham) last night definitely didn't help :P. Good though ;D.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #722 on: 04 November, 2009, 10:46:04 am »
Yes.   I rather think the absence of cycling from my schedule has been a significant factor in my increased lardiness :( :-[
Getting there...

« Reply #723 on: 04 November, 2009, 04:09:46 pm »
Yes.   I rather think the absence of cycling from my schedule has been a significant factor in my increased lardiness :( :-[

Dropping food intake to take into account the lack of calorie expenditure is hard work. I feel noticeably hungrier earlier if I haven't cycled and therefore haven't earned my extra bit of food at lunch.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #724 on: 04 November, 2009, 04:14:46 pm »
Yes.  And my digestion suffers.  I get more reflux if I've not been riding.  And then I eat honey butties at bedtime to help stave that off, which all adds up :(
Getting there...