Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Audax / Re: Snow Roads 2022
« Last post by John Stonebridge on Today at 01:07:30 pm »
I entered a few months ago to beat the rush. 

Wont be seeking to ECE it into a 600 like wot I tried in 2018 (DNFd the whole thing at Braemar so maybe 240km of the Snow Roads and 400km of my ECE done at that point.  I was fried. 
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by spesh on Today at 01:01:36 pm »
Rides and Touring / Re: ACME goes Dutch
« Last post by psyclist on Today at 12:55:12 pm »
Just check this page for a number of semi official permanents of 100km starting at Valkenswaard: https://www.mybrevet.cc/nl/randonneursnl/brevet/100-km

Thanks Ivo. For those not planning to ride the 200km Audax, I'm sorting a route that features some places of interest, and ends closer to Hoek. This avoids an epic last day. Those doing the Audax will probably have to ride 140km back to the ferry. My outline plan would be to have the 2 groups converging in the morning or at lunchtime on the Sunday.
The Pub / Re: 5G is downing our planes!
« Last post by TimC on Today at 12:53:39 pm »
I think there’s a particular problem in the US in that every government department has significant chunks of reserved bandwidth, and they are very reluctant to give any of it up. That makes it very difficult for the telecoms industry to exploit new technology. Nevertheless, it is incumbent on them to ensure that what expansion is allowed doesn’t disadvantage other users, particularly something as safety-critical as aviation. However, the federal government seems very reluctant to get a grip of this, which may be a reflection of Biden’s tenuous grip on power.
Folders / Re: FUN POLL: Price of new full titanium Brompton
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 12:51:48 pm »
The fold on the Hummingbird is woeful, though.

YMMV. I like it. It's somewhat narrower when folded than the Brompton, which makes it easier to carry by your side. It also means it slots into the gap between train seats, which the Brompton doesn't.

Looking at the released details for the Brompton, it's pretty much a direct competitor for the Hummingbird, so if the fold is a clincher for you, then obviously the Brompton wins. And of course the Brompton has the name and reputation that the Hummingbird doesn't have.

If I were shopping for a folder with £4k to spend, I would find it hard to choose. I'm unlikely to be facing that choice any time soon though.
LEL 2022 / Re: LEL 2022 Volunteers
« Last post by GPS on Today at 12:45:56 pm »
Ok - thanks for the info.

I had wondered about doing something similar … 🤔
The Pub / Re: 5G is downing our planes!
« Last post by Beardy on Today at 12:43:59 pm »
In days of yore, in the UK at least, this would absolutely be for the telecoms operators to sort out. Cross bandwidth interference would not be tolerated and would be enforced by (in the UK) the Home Office although, because the tech was a bit noisy anyway, gaps were left between operations bandwidths to allow a certain amount of latitude, but even that would be policed.
Newer technology and an increased pressure for bandwidth seems to have resulted in these buffer zones shrinking, or even disappearing, so the tolerances on the tech need to be tighter at added cost. This is something the telecoms firms seem to have overlooked and the government no doubt ‘forgot’ to advise on when the band C frequencies were sold.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 12:42:48 pm »
The Miskatonic Variations ~ The Bevis Frond
Health & Fitness / Re: Dry January - 2021
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 12:42:36 pm »
Hoegaarden 0,0 is by far the best low alcohol I've ever had.

Spotted it in Aldi yesterday and bought a 4 pack. Will definitely be getting more.

I've not tried that, but the Leffe Blonde 0.0% isn't too bad. Much better than Peroni or Moretti 0's.
The Knowledge / Re: Shorter cranks?
« Last post by Kim on Today at 12:39:06 pm »
I'm surprised that no-one has yet challenged the assumption that both cranks have to be the same size.

Only if both your legs are the same...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10