Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
LEL 2022 / Re: how to endure 1500km?
« Last post by Ashaman42 on Yesterday at 09:04:29 pm »
In 2013 it was no cleated shoes in the controls but otherwise okay. Does anyone know if it was the same in 2017/likely to be the same this time round?
The Knowledge / Re: Using a bike trailer as a supermarket trolley?
« Last post by Jaded on Yesterday at 09:00:36 pm »
I would only use the supermarket's own basket or trolley.

I would never put items into my own bag/trolley/pram etc before paying.

I used my own bag throughout the lockdowns and times in-between.
LEL 2022 / Re: how to endure 1500km?
« Last post by mzjo on Yesterday at 08:42:30 pm »
Minor point: stop about 50 yards before you arrive at the control and have a widdle. This means you do not then need to walk into the gents urinals wearing only socks, having taken off your shoes. Small point but important.
And make sure that LEL never uses the same controls twice!

Agreed, it's a bloody stupid suggestion.

J
Catch 22. If no men piss on the floor, do men have to worry about walking around in piss; or do they just "widdle" where they want?
Have you never seen a wolf marking his territory? ??? ???
The Knowledge / Re: Using a bike trailer as a supermarket trolley?
« Last post by zigzag on Yesterday at 08:40:15 pm »
i often use my rucksack for shopping at supermarkets, never ever there has been a hint from the shop staff that i’m doing something dodgy. of course if i “acted” like i am stealing there might’ve been a different reaction.
The Pub / Re: The Good News / Bad News Thread
« Last post by Polar Bear on Yesterday at 08:39:34 pm »
Measuring success or failure by income is rather missing the point in my opinion.
LEL 2022 / Re: LEL 2022 Volunteers
« Last post by mzjo on Yesterday at 08:38:44 pm »
I am if the relevant govts will let me in and out.  :thumbsup: 8)
LEL 2022 / Re: LEL 2022 Volunteers
« Last post by yorkie on Yesterday at 08:36:42 pm »
<waves>  :thumbsup:
The Knowledge / Re: Chainsuck?
« Last post by zigzag on Yesterday at 08:27:29 pm »
when the granny ring is so small, the middle ring gets in the way when cross-chained. it then tries to grab the chain with it’s pins and ramps. no big deal if this happens on the top part, but on the bottom part you get chainsuck. it’s usually a combination of events, as the chain on the bottom is moving away from the chainring and is not optimised to hook onto it, but sometimes it can happen. shouldn’t be using small-small on a triple, especially when it’s out of spec.
The Pub / Re: The Good News / Bad News Thread
« Last post by CommuteTooFar on Yesterday at 08:26:32 pm »
GN: Yesterday I logged into interactive investor.  It said my SIPP + ISA was worth 1 and mostly 6 noughts.
BN: Not today.
More BN: I left school in 1980 when 5% of us went to University. Using the 4% rule 40K puts me in the 91 percentile of income so I am a failure.
Health & Fitness / Re: Poo sticks
« Last post by Pingu on Yesterday at 08:16:51 pm »
 :thumbsup:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]