Author Topic: Thyroid issue  (Read 1626 times)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Thyroid issue
« on: 10 August, 2021, 01:53:26 pm »
I've just had my annual check up through work.  I asked them to do a thyroid function test, as a GP friend had suggested it, given a number of clinical indications.  We were thinking hypothyroidism.

The test has come back - and suggests I may actually have hyperthyroidism.  It appears that some of the clinical indications can relate to either.

My GP is being asked to arrange further screening... which could be interesting, given that I rarely see them and trying to get my practice to arrange anything is like pulling teeth.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Re: Thyroid issue
« Reply #1 on: 10 August, 2021, 02:34:19 pm »
When my wife had hyperthyroidism - noticed by her GP spotting the goitre during a routine monitoring session for bipolar (GP's husband is an endocrinologist) - one symptom was eminently obvious - a significantly raised heart rate.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #2 on: 10 August, 2021, 04:19:51 pm »
Yeah, when I had hyper, my resting HR was 122bpm. But I had a full collection of symptoms (hot, shakey, skinny, starving, minor goitre).

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #3 on: 10 August, 2021, 04:31:10 pm »
Yeah, when I had hyper, my resting HR was 122bpm. But I had a full collection of symptoms (hot, shakey, skinny, starving, minor goitre).

Heart rate is fine.  I'm definitely not skinny.  Not hot (any more than I've been for years) or shakey.  I think I might have the beginnings of a mild goitre - but that might just be neck flab...

The issues I've had are primarily hair and skin related.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #4 on: 21 August, 2021, 02:13:32 pm »
Just had my annual physical and all the numbers and blood work were great despite moving to a HFLC diet.
Aside from the thyroid. Been bumped up another 25mg to a daily 200mg.
I was secretly hoping that the diet might address the thyroid issue (there is evidence that high carbs can mess with the thyroid) but alas its not the case for me.
often lost.