Author Topic: Anyone doing Intermittent Fasting ?  (Read 1244 times)

HectoJ

• 45 to go
Anyone doing Intermittent Fasting ?
« on: 22 August, 2021, 04:52:57 pm »
A few months ago I started intermittent fasting, 18/6 mostly, in order to remove the 40kg of extra me that I don't need.

So far I have shifted about 10kg and can see a noticed change on my legs and arms and it continues.

Has anyone else tried it ?

HectoJ

• 45 to go
Re: Anyone doing Intermittent Fasting ?
« Reply #2 on: 22 August, 2021, 06:08:19 pm »
Thanks for the links, but I don't buy in to necroposting.... hence why I created the new topic.

« Reply #3 on: 22 August, 2021, 07:08:21 pm »
I've been doing 5:2 for several years and my weight has stabilised at a BMI of around 20,which I'm really happy with.
I'm not a strict adherent - if holidays or work get in the way then I happily miss a week or 2.
Prior to this my weight would fluctuate between 22 and 25, and I was always watching what I ate. I'm a lot more relaxed these days and on non-fasting days eat more or less what I like, but less than I used to.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The sound of one pannier flapping

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #4 on: 22 August, 2021, 07:58:31 pm »
I do 16:8 fasting and it works really well for me in conjunction with low carb.

I cheat slightly with milk in tea in the mornings though.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: 23 August, 2021, 05:38:52 pm »
By default since on HFLC diet. Just don't get the hunger pangs until midday or beyond.
With the exception of a cappuccino which is admittedly milk/some carb I often go 18 hours between meals. This can include putting in rides up to 200km, though I take a back up chunk of cheese and nuts for those.
The beauty is no indigestion or bonking while riding long.
Racing and at high tempo is a little different though and I put a bit of energy stuff in the bidons.  Still no need to get up 2 hours before, force down a bowl of oatmeal and pop a Zantac like the old days though. Just up early enough to get the coffee in and expedite the number twos!
often lost.

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #6 on: 23 August, 2021, 08:16:07 pm »
I've done 5:2 a few times over the past decade, usually with some success, though it takes months before weight comes down very much. I think the most I managed to lose was around 11kg in a 12 month period, or around 2/15th of my starting weight at the time. As I've got older, I found more issues with plateauing, and starting from a higher weight each time probably didn't help. I've been firmly off the wagon for several months now, but really need to start again soon.
Embrace your inner Fred.

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #7 on: 23 August, 2021, 08:51:09 pm »
Thinking of switching to 16/8 fasting to try and lose weight a bit quicker. 8 of those 16 hours can be sleep, then 4 hours either side.
Embrace your inner Fred.