Author Topic: A Goal's A Goal!!!!!  (Read 1733 times)

A Goal's A Goal!!!!!
« on: 30 August, 2021, 10:41:29 pm »

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: A Goal's A Goal!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 31 August, 2021, 05:19:15 pm »
"There was an error. Sorry, this video is temporarily unavailable."
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3 on: 31 August, 2021, 06:26:28 pm »
Apparently, Villarreal were leading Atletico 2-1 last night, and as the game entered the 95th minute, they looked well set to record their first victory over them in 13 attempts.

And then this happened…

https://youtu.be/UtRxFsSCmNk
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #4 on: 02 September, 2021, 07:26:06 pm »
I don't think that's up to the standard of the previous two but it's still pretty impressive!  Hard to know why the goalkeeper put himself so far to his left - probably an ear infection.  I don't think I would blame the defender, although I suppose looking might have helped!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5 on: 02 September, 2021, 10:49:23 pm »
England scored 4 of them this evening. Had it not been for the Hungarian goalkeeper performing particularly well against 'Arry Kane, the one he scored with his head might have been accompanied by 3 more from his feet.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #6 on: 02 September, 2021, 11:53:40 pm »
He let the last one in under his body in rather Pickford-esque fashion, though.  But perhaps he was rattled by the disgusting behaviour of his own team's fans.  I wish FIFA (if they are the appropriate body) would just ban the team.  It might be the only way to protect the players from this abuse because you will never change the minds of people like that, or only with great difficulty, or sharp sticks - and that's not fair on sticks.

Bit of thread creep here (the thread was about own goals, of which none were scored tonight, though the title isn't explicit!)