Author Topic: Canterbury dreams  (Read 3691 times)

Re: Canterbury dreams
« Reply #25 on: 04 October, 2021, 08:29:46 am »
The last full day apollo decided that he would like to go to, go on, guess....... winstable.
I had put the trike battery in the site office to be charged overnight night but when I went to pick it up I found that it still was very low on  charge. It turned out that the battery charger had been moved and the member of staff had connected a phone charger instead 😑. They found the  correct charger and put the battery back on charge. So today's run winkkeing crabs would be my little legs against the hills. I managed rather well I thought though very slow uphill. The gearing is really to high without the assist. At winstable we stopped at a supermarket and bought a picnic lunch and eat it on the beach. Then apollo goes swimming again. We've got the towel this time  :).  Heading back I was pleased to pedal up the longest hill without stopping  O:-). Then back to the campsite and supper then bed 😴
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #26 on: 04 October, 2021, 08:40:31 am »
As forecast the rain arrived in the morning so after breakfast we packed up everything we could inside the tent and spent most of the morning sheltering from the weather. The rain eventually passed through and we explored the little nature area on the campsite. Then the van from parlent house turned up and everything was packed into it..it had turned into a pleasant sunny afternoon but the forecast was for more rain over the next few days so I decided that going in the van would be the correct decision.
Apollo and me had a great time and we were very lucky with the weather 😊

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #28 on: 04 October, 2021, 09:09:20 am »
Methinks you underestimate the endurance of your "little legs".  :D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #29 on: 05 October, 2021, 12:34:40 pm »
As forecast the rain arrived in the morning so after breakfast we packed up everything we could inside the tent and spent most of the morning sheltering from the weather. The rain eventually passed through and we explored the little nature area on the campsite. Then the van from parlent house turned up and everything was packed into it..it had turned into a pleasant sunny afternoon but the forecast was for more rain over the next few days so I decided that going in the van would be the correct decision.
Apollo and me had a great time and we were very lucky with the weather 😊

I think you did the right thing. The rain woke me up in the small hours and I took a look at the rainfall map. It was pretty bad here, but the depiction was that the Canterbury area was positively biblical. My daughter sent me photos of flooded Strood at about 8am. There was also flooding in parts of Southend.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/torrential-rain-causes-chaos-on-kents-roads-255114/ refers.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #30 on: 05 October, 2021, 01:51:28 pm »
The rain has certainly been pretty heavy at times round here over the past few days.

It was a lovely warm sunny afternoon and apollo spotted someone swimming which he decided was a great idea. He stripped down to his underwear and within 5 minutes was happily swimming up and down within the groynes.

Was this Sunday? I wonder if it was me you saw in the water - I was in the water from about 1.30pm. Although looking at your pictures, you might have been on a different part of the beach to me.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #31 on: 05 October, 2021, 07:50:07 pm »
Apollo swam on the Saturday and Sunday. So it could have been you  :).
We have have had a lot rain since we came back. I'm afraid I don't really enjoy riding in the rain as I usually end up damp and cold  :(.  Snow on the other hand  :)