Author Topic: MKS Always EZY Superior - Adjusting?  (Read 764 times)

MKS Always EZY Superior - Adjusting?
« on: 25 December, 2021, 09:29:26 am »
I have a pair of these that have developed a slight rocking between pedal shaft and bearings. They run smoothly but I can feel the movement through my feet.
I cannot find any adjustment instructions in English.
Does anyone know of any English instructions or know how it is done, please?

Happy Christmas and thanks for any help.
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Re: MKS Always EZY Superior - Adjusting?
« Reply #1 on: 27 December, 2021, 02:22:19 pm »
For anyone interested I have had a reply from MKS

"In exceptional cases, when the cap is loose or has fallen off, the bearing on the cap side is no longer fixed in position, which can lead to axial rattle.
In this case, tightening the will fix the bearing position and eliminate the rattle.
The tightening torque for the cap is 10 Nm."

I presume the missing word is 'cap'  :)
I'll try when I can find my small torque wrench and the adapter for the Allen key

Happy New Year

« Reply #2 on: 27 December, 2021, 06:36:57 pm »
Just tighten it with a hammer 🔨  :demon:
the slower you go the more you see

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #3 on: 27 December, 2021, 08:43:51 pm »
If you can't find a torque wrench and all the crap thats needed to make it work.

1Kg = 10N unless you wish to get pedantic.
So 10Nm is a force of 1Kg apllied through a 1m long wrench, or 10Kg through a 10cm wrench (very strong fingers to apply that much effort into an allen key!).

Most stuff gets undertightened when being done up with normal (short handled) tools, especially allen keys that twist/bend.

« Reply #4 on: 01 January, 2022, 11:43:19 pm »
I have all the 'crap' in the way of tools including two torque wrenches (once the sad owner of a Hillman Imp - torque wrenches as essential as a spare tyre!)

As it happens, the caps are correctly torqued and closer inspection shows that the pedal axle stubs move in the QR mechanism.
It seems to me that there probably would be movement at that point but I never felt it until last week. I haven't done more than 700km on these pedals so wear seems unlikely.
I sent an email back to Mr Kenta san to seek what he thinks.
It's probably nothing to worry about.