Author Topic: Hexham.  (Read 1001 times)

Hexham.
« on: 28 April, 2022, 09:26:29 pm »
Related to the Manchester-Blackpool FNRttC post, does anyone local to Hexham know if the Euro Garage at the services next to the A69 lets people in to use the facilities and get a coffee and sandwich early (03.00) in the morning ?

Reason for asking is that I'm planning to run a Carlisle-Newcastle FNRttC (see here:- https://www.fnrttc.org.uk/manchester-to-blackpool-3-june) using the route that mcshroom came up with a few years ago.
The Tesco is no longer 24 hour so I need a venue for refreshments and it really needs to be indoors. If it is open I'm hoping we can sit down in one of the (closed) franchises having bought drinks etc from the shop.
We did this in Blackburn last year on the Manchester-Blackpool FNRttC and it was, IMO, better than the McDonalds that we'd previously used. It is also part of the Euro Garages network.

TIA.

Re: Hexham.
« Reply #1 on: 28 April, 2022, 09:39:32 pm »
I will ask Tomorrow . I live about a mile away .  If not you can pop to my abode .  I can get some grub in ect .
Its More Fun With Three .

« Reply #2 on: 29 April, 2022, 04:44:58 pm »
Good news Andrew . The spar shop in the complex  is open 24 hours you can use the facilities , Get food & drink .They are happy for you to use the tables & seats  at the subway end. ( its open plan ) . Can you pm me about a week before so I can give them rough numbers & let the nightshift know .  Thanks Colin   
Its More Fun With Three .

« Reply #3 on: 29 April, 2022, 05:07:30 pm »
Oooh, Carlisle-Newcastle back on. Brilliant. And I should be free for that one. And easy access for me. And .... *excited*
I know the route well having ridden it several times, night and day.
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

« Reply #4 on: 29 April, 2022, 08:56:51 pm »
Many, many thanks for doing that colin.
I imagined it would be the case but it's good to have confirmation.
I'll try to remember to let you know how many we will be. The FNRttC that I organise tend not to get huge numbers.

yoav:- I thought you might be interested.
I need to do a couple of route check rides so I can let you know when I'm planning that.
It won't be until July since I need to focus on Manchester-Blackpool and then I'll be off on the Friday's Edinburgh-London Tour.