Linked Events

• Not-The-Jubilee camping weekend?: 02 June, 2022 - 05 June, 2022

Author Topic: Anyone interested in a Rutland Not-The-Jubilee camping weekend? 2-5 June 2022  (Read 10893 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
In conversation with Butterfly at the weekend, we realised we'd failed to make a jubilee-avoidance plan.

I expressed concern about campsite availability given the relatively short notice for a major bank holiday, but if the online booking page is to be believed it looks like Wing Hall might be an option...  Is anyone interested?

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
In principle yes.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Tempting, need to sort domestics. No doubt the pubbe will be awash with non avoiders.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Sounds interesting. 

Norfolk seems to be gearing up for the jubilee in a big way. Flags, bunting & signs for events everywhere. Not seen as many in Suffolk so far.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Interested? Yes. Able to attend? No. I have an elderly aunt to visit (which sounds like a classic Jubly or Weeding beano but actually is far better than that).
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Yes  definitely  😀
the slower you go the more you see

Well done Kim! I was getting round to looking.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Possible at the moment.  :thumbsup:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Seems I am good for this.  :thumbsup:

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
Do we need to book?

I'm otherwise engaged organising a 600 this weekend (and a mate is getting married on the Saturday too) :)

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
I would be there Thurs and Fri nights.

Do we need to book?

I've emailed them to see if they have space for us to book as a group before half do and the others can't.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Do we need to book?

I've emailed them to see if they have space for us to book as a group before half do and the others can't.

Ah good.  I went for a bike ride and came home to the now-traditional pile of Thursday-before-the-race BHPC cat-herding, and only just looked at this thread.

Our current thinking, given the expanse and general non-flatness of the Wing site, is that it's probably best for barakta's camping debut to wait until York.  On which basis I can finally attempt to ride to Wing on a bicycle.  I might just come for the Friday and Saturday nights, so she isn't too bored at home - there's a risk she might end up watching the Queen or something...

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Reasons I won't be there.
1. We had already planned our Not the Jubilee Activity.  The boys and I will continuing with the next leg of our Teifi source to sea walk.  So Tregaron to somewhere downstream of Tregaron.
2. I don't seem be cycling any more.  :(
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
1. We had already planned our Not the Jubilee Activity.  The boys and I will continuing with the next leg of our Teifi source to sea walk.  So Tregaron to somewhere downstream of Tregaron.

Isn't that toad country?  Beware!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
Do we need to book?

Ah good.  I went for a bike ride and came home to the now-traditional pile of Thursday-before-the-race BHPC cat-herding, and only just looked at this thread.

Our current thinking, given the expanse and general non-flatness of the Wing site, is that it's probably best for barakta's camping debut to wait until York.  On which basis I can finally attempt to ride to Wing on a bicycle.  I might just come for the Friday and Saturday nights, so she isn't too bored at home - there's a risk she might end up watching the Queen or something...

What with that there social media, we could always arrange a sequence of video calls to Barakta from various individuals on the way there. I could find a tiara.

Any news here?

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Any news here?
The Queen is growing a beard in order not to be outdone by Wowbagger in broadcast spectacularity. She has also ordered a special crown-shaped Tilley hat. Or is it a Tilley-shaped crown?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Is this happening?. I need to know  when to start if it is 🙂
the slower you go the more you see

I phoned Wing Hall and she said there is space, so if you book online and put yacf she'll know it's us.

I've booked!

Ditto.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
I've booked too - 2nd-5th (3 nights).

3 If the weather becomes horrible will review at the time but we usually get away with it.