Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1294360 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #7300 on: 03 January, 2022, 12:44:38 pm »
Just remember weight yourself in the am before breakfast and after visit to the WC. That's when I see the biggest gains ;)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #7301 on: 03 January, 2022, 03:53:45 pm »
Just remember weight yourself in the am before breakfast and after visit to the WC. That's when I see the biggest gains ;)

Or losses, surely?

Are there any other tips you'd like to pass on, no matter how small!? ;)
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7302 on: 03 January, 2022, 04:24:12 pm »
I'll wager Wow's weight will be around 97kg on Wednesday 19 January...
I'll try!  :P

Point is, you don't need to try very hard.

Festive high-carb temporary weight gain drops off PDQ as soon as 'sensible' low carb, low-energy eating resumes.

I have posted similar, in January, in many years...

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #7303 on: 03 January, 2022, 06:50:28 pm »
First weigh in after xmas month+ of pigging out, there is now 4kgs extra of me !!

Boy Danish goodies does contain a fair amount of sugar

This year I promise only to pig out for a week only, not for a full month and a bit. But only way to guarantee your goodies arrive and there is some in stock is to order early ... dilemma ...
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #7304 on: 04 January, 2022, 12:17:03 pm »
I mistakenly thought today was Wednesday until about midday, when I realised my mistake in recording my weight this morning. However, I will not be at home when I get up tomorrow so it can stay there, unless Thursday morning brings about a more favourable result.  :P

« Reply #7305 on: 04 January, 2022, 01:13:41 pm »
I'm going to be tackling weight loss with renewed vigour this year. Concentrating on LCHF, adequate sleep, combined with intermittent fasting. I think I understand how/why I put on weight, now to see if the theories (that I currently believe) on how to lose it, work.

« Reply #7306 on: 04 January, 2022, 01:22:21 pm »
That was my plan too, gerald, but I'm so thoroughly demoralised by my inability to walk pain-free I'll probably end up in December as one of those fat people on a mobility scooter where you wonder if they're fat because they're immobile, or immobile because they're fat.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #7307 on: 04 January, 2022, 02:03:41 pm »
I reached my target back in September and have now got to the right sort of food level where I maintain that weight - with of course the daily ups and downs that affect it. I seem to bounce about within about a 1kg range, so from 68.8 to 69.8. My magic line is 70kg - if I hit that one day then I need to reduce a bit more for a few days. Survived Christmas fairly well and enjoyed some unusual treats like stuffing, bread sauce and trifle but now back to the low carb and intermittent fasting.

It seems that for my psychology I need to continue tracking food on the Yazio app. The two days when I decided not to track food I definitely ate more - I think for my personality I'm going to have to continue with the food tracking, at least for a while. It's OK, it doesn't take long and I have all my foods in the app now, but it shows that my self-control isn't great when eating what I want.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #7308 on: 04 January, 2022, 07:33:15 pm »
I'm going to be paying attention to what I eat as soon as I've finished the 850g (boo - they used to be 1kg) bar of Dairy Milk I got for Christmas.
I only started logging in 2018, but I'm 1.5kg heavier than I've ever logged before. I suspect the only time I've been close to this weight was a few months after I was first diagnosed hyperthyroid.
Hopefully, being able to ride pain-free will help with the weight...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7309 on: 04 January, 2022, 08:39:02 pm »
Hyperthyroid - too much thyroid activity or Hypothyroid- too little?

Hyperthyroid folk are often underweight.

I think Woolworth's sold even bigger bars of Cadbury's Dairy Milk in the past 2kg or 3kg BICBW…

ETA Amazon are apparently selling 10kg bars of CDM, measuring 6 x22 x 14cm.

Either the dimensions are wrong or the chocolate is unfeasibly dense...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #7310 on: 04 January, 2022, 10:45:13 pm »
I expect Bezos has found a source of depleted uranium to bulk it out.

« Reply #7311 on: 05 January, 2022, 04:05:44 am »
First weigh in after xmas month+ of pigging out, there is now 4kgs extra of me !!

Boy Danish goodies does contain a fair amount of sugar

This year I promise only to pig out for a week only, not for a full month and a bit. But only way to guarantee your goodies arrive and there is some in stock is to order early ... dilemma ...

I have no idea what you're talking about....

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #7312 on: 05 January, 2022, 03:50:24 pm »
I am surprised to find after a little indulgence my weight had jumped to 77.2 Kg as expected.  I have not finished Christmas, booze, booze and more booze. The surprise for me was that it is already back down to 74.3Kg.  As I mentioned before the average 1980s healthy weight according to BMI bands. 

A question. I have a Little Plum belly. It is within the line of my chest and my sides are concave.  Am I still fat? I know I am not heavy but that is not  the same thing. My best adult shape has always been one of the tribe.

« Reply #7313 on: 05 January, 2022, 03:52:01 pm »
I am surprised to find after a little indulgence my weight had jumped to 77.2 Kg as expected.  I have not finished Christmas, booze, booze and more booze. The surprise for me was that it is already back down to 24.3Kg.

Wow, thats good hooch!
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #7314 on: 05 January, 2022, 03:54:10 pm »
A Mistype I would be seriously unwell and the uncorrected weight of 24.3Kg

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7315 on: 05 January, 2022, 06:20:37 pm »
A little plum belly would suggest visceral fat to me and that this ought to be reduced, even if your weight/BMI are OK.

You might only need to do a bit more walking and a bit less eating over the next few weeks to achieve this.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #7316 on: 12 January, 2022, 06:52:35 am »

I was a week early! :D

« Reply #7317 on: 12 January, 2022, 08:38:08 am »
Hyperthyroid - too much thyroid activity or Hypothyroid- too little?

Hyperthyroid folk are often underweight.

I was hyperthyroid, which meant I was 10 stone despite eating everything I could get my hands on. Then I was diagnosed and given carbimazole to sort it out, and put on 3 stone in not many months!
Currently 82.4kg, which is a feather under 13 stone. :(

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7318 on: 12 January, 2022, 02:57:35 pm »
I was a week early! :D

Well done!

Festive gain dissipates pretty rapidly as you, Commute Too Far and many others have seen.

I post this most years.

I am the Old Woman who Repeats Herself...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #7319 on: 11 February, 2022, 09:02:16 am »
Hmm… I seem to have gained some weight. I don’t suppose that this could possibly be linked to a recent tendency to consume oatcakes with good cheddar cheese in the evening…

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7320 on: 11 February, 2022, 04:16:48 pm »
Salt, carbs and fat :- what's not to lose????

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #7321 on: 11 February, 2022, 09:47:05 pm »
Salt, carbs and fat :- what's not to lose????

Indeed. Have decided to curtail that particular evening activity!  :)

« Reply #7322 on: 24 February, 2022, 12:25:54 am »
Steady diet, steady weight loss, decent amount of exercise and then a 1 kg bump?. I don't get it.

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #7323 on: 08 May, 2022, 12:08:12 pm »
I have seen a few pictures of me in the past few months I look fat.  I do not look wide but I do look fat in these pictures.  I have noticed that I look better without clothes. (No pictures). When I wear clothes they create a look that is not really there.

At the moment I measured my waist as 34 inches so with vanity sizing I am buying 32" trousers. I now measure 33" and I will have to wear a belt to hold my trousers up which are starting to slip.

I have set myself a new target for my weight of 66kg for the end of year. A bmi of 22. I do not want to ever go lower that is not healthy for me. If I still look fat in clothes, then it might explain why I am unmarried :-)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #7324 on: 08 May, 2022, 06:12:43 pm »
I was making reasonable progress on losing weight (or so I thought), despite the after-effects of a dislocated shoulder limiting some activities. However, I was noticing that my clothes were inexplicably not getting looser. Yesterday morning, my posh scales reported - Oh Joy! - a 6kg loss since the previous weight check not a week earlier. Even I could see that this was an unlikely result, so I checked using my reserve, very cheap, scales. They suggested that, far from losing weight, I'd put on around 4kg since February - in other words, about 10kg more than the posh scales reported. Being somewhat sceptical, I spent this month's disposable income on a new version of my posh scales, which arrived this afternoon. A three-way comparison had the new posh scales and the cheap rubbish scales within 0.1kg of each other, and the old posh scales reading 9.4kg less. Bugger.