Author Topic: Another knee  (Read 1214 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Another knee
« on: 25 February, 2009, 12:30:41 am »
I have a very odd problem on my left knee - I won't say "with" my left knee, because it's not the joint, it's the skin over the kneecap.

For the past 3 weeks or so, it has been extremely sensitive, as though it's been recently grazed, but there's not a mark on it that I can see. If I turn over in bed, and the sheet rubs against it, it's sharply painful, out of all proportion to the contact made. I knocked it slightly today and it really stung - yet there's still no mark on the skin.

I'll give it another day or so and then see the doc, I think. The joint itself doesn't hurt at all: I did 330 problem-free miles last week.

Anyone else had anything remotely similar?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: Another knee
« Reply #1 on: 25 February, 2009, 12:35:33 am »
Tendonitis in the patella tendon?

Does the pain feel 'hot'? Since my cruciate surgery nearly 8 yrs ago my left knee is extremely sensitive to pressure, a fact my 2 yr old does not understand.

J
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

simonp

« Reply #2 on: 25 February, 2009, 12:39:05 am »
My left knee is sometimes hypersensitive to the slightest touch.  It might be something to do with inflammation.

« Reply #3 on: 25 February, 2009, 09:22:05 am »
Wow, I have had exactly the same thing. I could never feel or see anything at the site. It felt as if a bee stinger or something worse had got driven into the skin - is that what yours is like? quite painful if pressure applied in a particular direction. No idea what it was I am afraid. Self-limiting. 

annie

« Reply #4 on: 25 February, 2009, 05:36:31 pm »
I have it on my big toe, Mike has it on his foot.  We discussed this with the doc and they don't have a clue either. 

I think it might be related to some sort of nerve pain.