Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2448091 times)

Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #9275 on: Today at 04:44:05 pm »
Dragging the tone down a bit from all these pretty shiny things upthread, here's my not-so-new hack bike, because it's been far too long since I had something I'd happily leave locked up in town, and I don't do any other cycling these days so thought I might try some gentle utility trips as a way back in.

It's a Raleigh Gemini 6 from the mid-1980s. The paintwork is in a much worse state than it looks (nail polish and reflective tape hide a multitude of sins) but it's 531 frame. I've just been installing racks (plural, because why not?). Gear fettling is an exercise to be left for another day.

It reminds me a bit of my late, lamented early '90s Raleigh Pioneer, though that was 501 and not a step-through frame (it was purple, however; sadly, I discovered that the bottom bracket threads had gone, and the bottom bracket had been riveted in; it eventually got donated to a bike recycling place in Glasgow. I do miss that bike, though - I liked the simplicity of it, and this is similar in many ways).

Edit: yes, that fork-mounted front light is at a stupid angle, and will be corrected.