Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1609001 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #14150 on: 02 January, 2022, 01:20:53 pm »
Wouldn't that be scabby left elbow (and right elbow, both knees, etc)?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #14151 on: 02 January, 2022, 01:57:50 pm »
Wouldn't that be scabby properly on mud
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #14152 on: 02 January, 2022, 04:56:12 pm »
Wouldn't that be scabby left elbow (and right elbow, both knees, etc)?

Well yes, but eventually the scabs fall get picked off, and you're left with an assortment of mild scars and an elbow that occasionally does stabby things without warning when you lean on it at the wrong angle.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #14153 on: 02 January, 2022, 05:09:06 pm »
Stabby left el-bow here as well, and I don't either tennis or golf, just 65km today. Will have to consult with mrsED's relevant exercise sheets
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #14154 on: 02 January, 2022, 05:25:19 pm »
Elbow pain is shit, my left one was playing up the other day. I have fucked elbow anatomy and arthritis now tho, so I do at least know why.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #14155 on: 02 January, 2022, 05:27:45 pm »
Stabby left elbow?  That's a symptom of mountain bicycles, that is...

Yebbut it only started doing it last night and the Perfectly Good Gentleman’s Mountain Bicycle hasn’t been out this side of Xmas ???
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #14156 on: 02 January, 2022, 07:46:09 pm »

Yebbut it only started doing it last night and the Perfectly Good Gentleman’s Mountain Bicycle hasn’t been out this side of Xmas ???

No dreams about getting gnarly on the trails?

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #14157 on: 02 January, 2022, 08:27:55 pm »
Elbow pain is shit, my left one was playing up the other day. I have fucked elbow anatomy and arthritis now tho, so I do at least know why.
I think you might be exaggerating barakta, I’m sure there’s some part of your body that isn’t borked to fuckery. You just need to focus on that bit.

Ok, ok, I’m going.  :facepalm:
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #14158 on: 02 January, 2022, 08:36:04 pm »

No dreams about getting gnarly on the trails?

Not with those tyres ;D  Not to mention the trails* being too far away and at the top of a hill.

* OK, Epping Forest
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #14159 on: 02 January, 2022, 08:47:50 pm »
I think you might be exaggerating barakta, I’m sure there’s some part of your body that isn’t borked to fuckery. You just need to focus on that bit.

There are bits, I'd have to think hard which ones they are tho  ;D. If you don't laugh, well...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #14160 on: 02 January, 2022, 08:50:52 pm »

There are bits, I'd have to think hard which ones they are tho  ;D. If you don't laugh, well...

Until recently, the go-to body part was knees.  Which were generally my department aches-and-pains wise.

ElyDave

« Reply #14161 on: 02 January, 2022, 09:13:22 pm »
I was recently told by one of the carers that I make "dad noises" when I stand up, I attribute that to tired (if not yet fully borked) everything

« Reply #14162 on: 02 January, 2022, 10:26:02 pm »

Until recently, the go-to body part was knees.  Which were generally my department aches-and-pains wise.
I was recently told by one of the carers that I make "dad noises" when I stand up, I attribute that to tired (if not yet fully borked) everything

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aqLr3MY_460s.jpg applies. :demon: ;)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

ElyDave

« Reply #14163 on: 02 January, 2022, 11:10:31 pm »
Yes

« Reply #14164 on: 03 January, 2022, 09:33:52 am »
I’ve not been able to select large paper handkerchiefs in my Tesco online shop for the last 3 months, neither Kleenex nor own brand. Only “original” half size ones.  >:(
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #14165 on: 09 January, 2022, 01:23:23 pm »
Ah, Vodafone support. A small broadband issue - we lost it for 2 hours yesterday evening, it’s back but the sync speed is showing as 53mbs instead of the (guaranteed) 72+. So I start a chat, go through some stuff, and its escalated to 2nd line, and I’m asked when I’d like to be contacted. “After 5pm” says I. Just had lunch, checked phone (on silent), yep, 2 missed calls from Vodafone  :(. Then a text with a reference number. Call them back, reference number entered - “I’m sorry, that number isn’t recognised”  >:( >:(.  And then, when I do get through after repeated pressing of 1, I’m in the very busy queue. Gave up after 20 minutes on hold.

« Reply #14166 on: 09 January, 2022, 05:09:43 pm »
Oh, and eBay sellers who “add a tracking number” except it’s the number off the proof of postage receipt.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #14167 on: 09 January, 2022, 09:43:34 pm »
Why are shitvers so damned noisy? I have to wear my hearing aids when I watch ITV because their subtitles are so flakey,  it the shitverts. <Deity> thobut, the shitverts are just too loud.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #14168 on: 09 January, 2022, 09:53:05 pm »
Because the molishers of shitverts care about you being able to hear them.  Preferably from another room.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #14169 on: 09 January, 2022, 10:44:28 pm »
I wrote a big post about compression and noisy shitverts but it was lost because Pingu was posting on another thread so, poo.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #14170 on: 10 January, 2022, 02:26:38 pm »
I run a busy multi franchise and multi site parts department with around a dozen engineers and trade and retail sales

I keep good records and can generally find things we've discussed but have a couple of techs who ring me and just assume they're the only person I deal with, start spurting details at me ignoring the fact I've probably just put the phone down or replying to an email and what really gets me is they think I always know off the top of my head something they had several months back

Yes they may know their customer site inside out but I can't know all of them

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #14171 on: 10 January, 2022, 05:55:41 pm »
My electric kettle has crapped out after almost 8 years.  This seems to be much better than average, so I'll get a similar Breville one.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #14172 on: 11 January, 2022, 03:30:18 pm »
This is close to being a full on rant.

I've just finished sitting through the entire TMS broadcast on BBC Sounds for the last day of the last test, and it cuts off four overs from the end !!

Bastards.
Rust never sleeps

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #14173 on: 11 January, 2022, 04:08:57 pm »
It's the BBC's woke liberal snowflake metropolitan westernising elite failing the cricket test.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #14174 on: 13 January, 2022, 08:12:47 am »
Well, it is only a game...  ;D
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight