Author Topic: I'm on antibiotics  (Read 953 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
I'm on antibiotics
« on: 02 November, 2012, 04:19:54 pm »
Since yesterday morning I have had a lousy toothache. It started when I was chewing a chalk tablet (osteoporosis treatment) and I thought I had broken a tooth (same tooth referred to in this post - how I got away without a slapping after some of the utterly disgraceful innuendo in that piece I really don't know  :D) but an emergency visit to the dentist this morning revealed his view that I had an infection.

So I've still got the tooth and a blister pack of what used to be 15 penicillin capsules. It still bloody hurts though.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Re: I'm on antibiotics
« Reply #1 on: 02 November, 2012, 04:37:10 pm »
15, same as I got for my abcess last week (except I had 2 types, 15 each).  I can say with confidence, based on bitter experience, that you should not attempt to do a 600 after taking the course.  Stay close to toilets.  On the positive side, the toothache went after 2 or 3 days  :thumbsup: edit... so now I'm driving up to the frozen North for Guy Fawkes Buddhist Retreat pain free.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #2 on: 02 November, 2012, 04:38:42 pm »
I have absolutely no intention of doing a 600. I have a plan one day to do the Brian Chapman, but I wouldn't spoil it by doing it in 40 hours. I'd turn it into a week's tour.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3 on: 02 November, 2012, 07:50:44 pm »
The Bryan Chapman isn't a week-long tour but feel free to enjoy a selection of Welsh roads. There is a difference.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #4 on: 02 November, 2012, 10:44:51 pm »
This bloody tooth is really pissing me off now. I have invested in a new bottle of A'Bunadh though, so there is some consolation.