Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 88271 times)

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #700 on: 26 December, 2021, 11:50:08 am »
I'm imagining a cnoke vibration sensor on the door, which would query the user as to whether an rnser was required.
Then, if an rnser were required, a Wallace and Grommit style brass articulated arm with a comedy white golved hand on the end of it would activate, and theatrically press the bell-push.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #701 on: 26 December, 2021, 01:01:43 pm »
I'm imagining a cnoke vibration sensor on the door, which would query the user as to whether an rnser was required.
Then, if an rnser were required, a Wallace and Grommit style brass articulated arm with a comedy white golved hand on the end of it would activate, and theatrically press the bell-push.

That's a much better idea than the current arrangement, where the cnoke sensor just causes the bell push to flash angrily for a couple of seconds.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #702 on: 26 December, 2021, 02:27:32 pm »

That's a much better idea than the current arrangement, where the cnoke sensor just causes the bell push to flash angrily for a couple of seconds.

That's Kim's next project sorted.  Should keep her busy for a hour or two ;)
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #703 on: 07 January, 2022, 05:27:47 pm »
DHL were supposed to make a next day delivery on Wednesday. They didn't make it to our place before returning to depot. Same happened yesterday, and today. Parcels on the van three times. They are tools for stuff I was supposed to be doing this weekend. Depot is 25 miles away, so it'll take me a couple of hours to go there and pick it up myself, plus cost of fuel, or wait for who knows how many days for them to finally get to me. I'm not in the back of beyond.

I've been in a queue for 20 minutes trying to get through to them.

« Reply #704 on: 08 January, 2022, 09:22:06 am »
So apparently the van broke down during the round on Wednesday. And Thursday. And Friday. Last night, after 30+ minutes on the phone I was told the would be delivered today, and the tracking did update to show that.
This morning the tracking was saying delivery on Monday. I called again, getting through quite quickly this time. Apparently they were going to load them on to the van but couldn't find either of them.

So I don't even have the option of doing the drive out there.

They are escalating in their complaints process and requesting a parcel search to see if they can get it out today. I'm not holding my breath.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #705 on: 08 January, 2022, 11:46:47 am »
Drop it
Hide it
Leg it
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime