Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 145142 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #200 on: 05 March, 2016, 05:33:46 pm »
My Nozama delivery yesterday came via Royal Snail and although of considerably greater value than todays just landed on the doormat wrapped in a flyer advertising a local junk food vendor.  Tuesday's delivery from Not Amazon needed to be signed for chiz and the bastard sorting office is mornings only on Thursdays as otherwise I'd have been able to detour on the way to thee Pubbe in central Londonton.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #201 on: 06 March, 2016, 11:25:43 pm »
Seems Moonpig disappointed today.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35740066

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #202 on: 07 March, 2016, 12:08:47 am »
That's a rather EPIC fail.

No one is going to trust them again.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #203 on: 07 March, 2016, 12:19:31 am »
Yesterday's missed Mega-Global Big River Corporation of Seattle, USAnia delivery was re-scheduled for the "next business day" which I took to be Monday.  Another delivery from same was also scheduled for Monday.  Both arrived today (Sunday).  Bastards

« Reply #204 on: 07 March, 2016, 08:33:10 am »
The parcels may be a tad damp. Grosmont deliveries this weekend.

I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #205 on: 07 March, 2016, 09:58:59 am »
Following TwatNav?
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #206 on: 10 March, 2016, 09:18:58 am »
I usually have been pretty happy with ParcelForce. They usually call at my place, realise I'm not in and leave the parcel at the local Post Office to collect.

This time though they've decided not to do that and kept taking the parcel back to Carlisle, even when I instructed them to leave it at the PO, which costs £1 apparently (I've never paid it before). Luckily my neighbour was in yesterday so I now have some shiny new wheels, though I could have had them on Saturday if they'd just left them at the PO as normal ::-)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #207 on: 10 March, 2016, 05:43:34 pm »
DX "Delivered Exactly", or "Shite Exactly" I will now call them: made no genuine attempt to deliver my parcel, left no card, days later sent a snail mail telling me to arrange re-delivery.

●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

ian

« Reply #208 on: 10 March, 2016, 06:32:34 pm »
Special bonus points to the Fedex driver who managed to pinball between pavements and verges coming up the hill. A fact I'm sure entirely unrelated to the phone he had pressed to his ear.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #209 on: 26 April, 2016, 04:26:40 pm »
UK Mail have not been sh!te today but...
I had an email stating ETA of parcel was between 17.09 and 18.09 today and it was #92 of driver's deliveries today.
I have been watching the tracking most of the day.
At 16.09 when the tracking stated driver was on the way to delivery #69, the package was delivered.
According to the tracking, it's still 'out for delivery' though the driver's progress is no longer shown.
I was enjoying watching the tracking but somehow reality and tracking don't quite correlate.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #210 on: 08 May, 2016, 08:12:01 pm »
Nice of you to leave my package with the folks two doors down, Yodel.  One slight problem: they're never in >:(

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #211 on: 09 May, 2016, 11:33:48 am »
The parcels may be a tad damp. Grosmont deliveries this weekend.

Another Amazon delivery?
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #212 on: 09 May, 2016, 11:45:46 am »
I've just had a text message from Maharishi telling me that the shirt I ordered from them yesterday,  will be delivered by DPD tomorrow  :o

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #213 on: 09 May, 2016, 06:25:23 pm »
Nice of you to leave my package with the folks two doors down, Yodel.  One slight problem: they're never in >:(

After a further failed attempt to prise my parcel out of the clutches of the not-quite-neighbour, he actually brought it round himself :thumbsup:  Now I can at last pension off thee Denim Jacket ov DOOM.

« Reply #214 on: 19 May, 2016, 05:51:32 pm »
Amazon,

I expected a Saturday delivery, the orders I placed both state Saturday delivery. I didn't expect to return home and find out that you had tried to deliver on Thursday.

The reason I wanted Saturday is because there's nobody at home during the week you muppets!
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #215 on: 07 June, 2016, 08:30:17 am »
I ordered a small item from them last week, no need for a Saturday delivery as it would easily fit through the letterbox.
(click to show/hide)

At least on the second attempt the guy had the wit to leave it in the garden.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #216 on: 07 June, 2016, 12:51:50 pm »
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #217 on: 23 July, 2016, 05:17:57 pm »
New Shiny ordered yesterday pm.  No big rush so opted for free delivery i.e. 5 working days.

It's just arrived :thumbsup:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #218 on: 23 July, 2016, 05:21:38 pm »
Makes up for the Jehovah's Witnesses; enjoy!

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #219 on: 28 July, 2016, 10:44:30 am »
Goddamned summer-temp postie. She had delivered our post and was at the next house, not 10 metres on.  I was going into the house from the garden, gave her a wave which she didn't return, she just stared.  When I went down to get the post just now there was a note in the box: tried to deliver a parcel, you weren't there, you can pick it up from tomorrow at blah blah.

We've also been getting mail for villages about 10 km from here. God knows where ours is ending up. :demon:
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #220 on: 23 September, 2016, 01:54:04 pm »
Yodel. Five letters that can chill the heart of even those of the strongest constitution.

From, an admittedly low base they managed to surpass themselves yesterday. Got home to find a card saying "parcel in back garden". Couldn't find after 10 minutes of searching so called the number on the card.

"Oh! That's not your package the driver must have put the card through the wrong door"

"Well I'm expecting a package from you today. Where's that?"

"It's been delivered"

"Not here it hasn't"

"We'll ask the driver where it is. We'll speak to him within 24-72 hours"

"Can't you phone him"

"No we have no way of getting in touch with our drivers"

A quick search on Amazon, who I'd bought the parcel through, showed it had been delivered. To Reading. 30 miles away!

20 minutes later I have a ranting Yodel driver on my doorstep - remember the one who they had no means of getting in touch with. He'd dropped the parcel (fortunately non-fragile) over the fence the far side from the gate and was raging about me "having got him in trouble with the office.

Next I get a call from Yodel Customer Services. When I asked why I was told they couldn't get in touch with the driver yet he magically appeared on my doorstep she tried to fob me off with "it's customer services who can't get in touch".

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #221 on: 23 September, 2016, 02:04:37 pm »
Ordered stuffs from bike shop on t'web.
Get notification from their courier that the stuffs are on their way
Get card through door, saying stuffs are in bin.  It's bin day, but fortunately the courier arrived after bin collection.
Bike shop on t'web have sent wrong stuffs, so I post them back.
Get notification from their courier saying replacement stuffs are on their way
Courier website says stuffs have been delivered. Lack of stuffs suggest this is not the case.
Contact courier using web form. Tick box marked "phone" for preferred method of contact.
Retrieve email from seldom used account giving me reason for non delivery of stuffs.
Alert The Boy that stuffs may arrive
The Boy is woken from his slumbers by the rattling of the door as the courier pokes a card through, unable to get an answer.
Next day I phone courier, so The Boy can go to their depot to collect stuffs. Not to worry, they say, the stuffs are on the van for redelivery, mid morning.  I warn The Boy again.
No stuffs are delivered.
This morning I drop in at the depot on the way to work. Agh! they say, the stuffs are on the van for re-delivery, and have just this moment gone.  They will be delivered after 11, which is handy as The Boy gets home from work at half 10.
I warn The Boy
The Boy fortunately gets home early, as the courier company must have been using GMT.
Stuffs have allegedly arrived.

Cast: Bike shop on t'web - Spa Cycles
Courier: APC
Local depot/franchise: Streetwise Couriers Sussex
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #222 on: 23 September, 2016, 02:26:56 pm »
DX couriers must have the Home Office contract for delivering passports to our place.

Last Saturday the bell goes at 9.45am. There's a BFO notice on the door saying don't try to deliver before 10am. Bell duly ignored. Bell goes several more times. Bell ignored.

At 11am we notice that DX's driver hadn't bothered to read the notice and had left three calling cards outside in full view, saying  that number of passports couldn't be delivered as a signature was required and the addressee had to contact DX to rearrange delivery. Only the twunt of a driver hadn't put the names or addresses of the recipients, so we couldn't pass on the cards.

My, that was a conversation on Monday when he showed up again.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #223 on: 23 September, 2016, 02:34:35 pm »
Yodel. Five letters that can chill the heart of even those of the strongest constitution.

From, an admittedly low base they managed to surpass themselves yesterday. Got home to find a card saying "parcel in back garden". Couldn't find after 10 minutes of searching so called the number on the card.

"Oh! That's not your package the driver must have put the card through the wrong door"

"Well I'm expecting a package from you today. Where's that?"

"It's been delivered"

"Not here it hasn't"

"We'll ask the driver where it is. We'll speak to him within 24-72 hours"

"Can't you phone him"

"No we have no way of getting in touch with our drivers"

A quick search on Amazon, who I'd bought the parcel through, showed it had been delivered. To Reading. 30 miles away!

20 minutes later I have a ranting Yodel driver on my doorstep - remember the one who they had no means of getting in touch with. He'd dropped the parcel (fortunately non-fragile) over the fence the far side from the gate and was raging about me "having got him in trouble with the office.

Next I get a call from Yodel Customer Services. When I asked why I was told they couldn't get in touch with the driver yet he magically appeared on my doorstep she tried to fob me off with "it's customer services who can't get in touch".

::-) How the fuck is it your fault he got in trouble with the office for being illiterate? I hate Yodel.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #224 on: 23 September, 2016, 04:11:56 pm »
I think I would complain to Yodel for their driver being abusive and badly behaved about his own bad behaviour as that is simply not on.