Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751803 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #2725 on: 01 January, 2012, 06:15:22 pm »
Happy New Year, MEMWNS chums :thumbsup:

Book club looms, so 'fraid I'm out this week, but the rest of the month has lots of free Wednesdays - more miles needed. I must get fit for the Willy Warmer on 21st. [Trying not to take 12 hours as previous post Xmas form :facepalm:]

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2726 on: 01 January, 2012, 06:54:18 pm »
Yes, happy New Year to you Tomsk and everyone else.

By the way, in case you were wondering, the unseasonably warm weather is down to me fitting ice tyres on me bike the other day.

« Reply #2727 on: 09 January, 2012, 12:49:42 pm »

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2728 on: 09 January, 2012, 01:29:27 pm »
There has been a suitable rest period between MEMWNS rides now and given the mild weather that OD has ordered, is anyone up for a ride this week?
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #2729 on: 09 January, 2012, 08:01:00 pm »
I am having a month off beer, so am staying in drumming my fingers on the arm of the sofa.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #2730 on: 09 January, 2012, 08:55:21 pm »
I'm lying low for a bit.....my mother-in-law passed away today, not unexpected and after a couple of years of ill health. Mrs T is north o'the border with her sister, so I'm holding the fort here.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2731 on: 09 January, 2012, 10:03:53 pm »
Sorry to hear that Tomsk, thoughts are with your family.  We'll see you another time.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #2732 on: 09 January, 2012, 10:08:57 pm »
+1

Sorry to hear about your loss, Tomsk.

As regards coming out this Wednesday, I am doubtful at best.  I'm fighting of the tail end of a really bad sore throat at the moment.

If I'm fit then I'll be joining OD for a day ride on Wednesday (and might extend that to take in a MEMWNS, depending on the conditions attached to my day pass).
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2733 on: 09 January, 2012, 11:57:51 pm »
Sorry to hear your news Tomsk  :'(

I definitely won't be out on Wednesday evening having ridden during the day.  The plan is a round trip via The Moletrap over at Stapleton Thingy, hopefully Oaky can make it otherwise I'll be on me lonesome.  Anyone else round during the day?  This will be my last day time ride as the real world has caught up with me again  ::-)

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #2734 on: 11 January, 2012, 01:13:27 pm »
If I'm fit then I'll be joining OD for a day ride on Wednesday (and might extend that to take in a MEMWNS, depending on the conditions attached to my day pass).

Well, I decided to take it easy and cry off the day ride to do a gentle 18 miles with mrs_o to see how that affected my sore throat.  As far as I can tell so far I have emerged unscathed, so would be up for a gentle outing tonight if anyone is up far that (huggy? chief?)

I'm thinking either the Square and Compasses (via the direct route for me, anyway) or somewhere else not too far from Witham.  I will not be going up North Hill tonight.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2735 on: 11 January, 2012, 04:31:34 pm »
Oaky,
You have text as I thought it short notice at this stage to chat here......if you see this before your mobile then check your SMS inbox  :P

Honor,
If you're reading this after being subjected to OD all day and if a MEMWNS ride does in fact happen this evening - apologies!  I did say that this thread doesn't do advance planning very well though  :demon:

« Reply #2736 on: 11 January, 2012, 04:48:04 pm »
Oaky,
You have text as I thought it short notice at this stage to chat here......if you see this before your mobile then check your SMS inbox  :P

Honor,
If you're reading this after being subjected to OD all day and if a MEMWNS ride does in fact happen this evening - apologies!  I did say that this thread doesn't do advance planning very well though  :demon:

Huggy
     Oaky posted somewhere he was going for a short ride with Mrs O and not with OD

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2737 on: 11 January, 2012, 05:18:20 pm »
...  honor,  if you're reading this after being subjected to OD all day ...

Cheeky git!  We had a smashing ride and I can commend honor to the house.  She's a PBP veteran and given she lives in Danbury is no stranger to The Mighty North Hill.

I did make the point that she shouldn't take too much notice of what is posted here as much of it is made up in order to keep our millions of internet fans across the globe and further afield amused.  We are in fact, a quiet contemplative bunch of people and some of us are even members of book clubs  ;D

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #2738 on: 11 January, 2012, 06:07:53 pm »
Last minute update.  venue tonight will be the Compasses at Littley Green, where I will meet huggy at around 9:30 (I need to drop round to see chief first hence the later than usual meeting time).

trixie

« Reply #2739 on: 11 January, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »
Thank you OD for a good ride today, the weather was perfect and the inns were welcoming.

I'm sorry to miss the Compasses this evening but I've already bathed and in pyjamas!  I did get up Very Early to take son 1 to Stansted for early flight to Edinburgh...

Hope to join all you soon for a Real Wednesday Night!!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #2740 on: 11 January, 2012, 09:19:41 pm »
Thanks to everyone for condolences. The funeral is end of next week, which means we'll be travelling up to Scotland on Wednesday evening, most probably. Be back in circulation the week after....

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2741 on: 12 January, 2012, 12:46:27 am »
Just home after the first (impromtu) MEMWNS ride of the year - 30 miles including 1 x NH ascent for me, others have somewhat different stats.
2.5 x Wibblers Apprentice and 1 x Bishop Nick 1555 for me, others have different stats!

A pleasent moonlit evening for a ride and refreshment time enjoyed in the company of Oaky and Chief.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #2742 on: 12 January, 2012, 12:50:27 am »
My stats:-

0xNH

1x1555

4xAscot

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #2743 on: 17 January, 2012, 04:01:26 pm »
Any takers for this Weds night?

I have to be in That London in the afternoon, but should make it home in time fro the usual kick-off.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2744 on: 18 January, 2012, 09:22:24 am »
Any takers for this Weds night?

Hmm, if the outward journey is precipitation free at least then I feel I should get out this evening.  (I definitely can't make next week.)
Maybe if there are no takers from further afield then a relatively local ride to The Rodney? 

trixie

« Reply #2745 on: 18 January, 2012, 12:40:19 pm »
I like The Rodney...

What time rendezvous?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2746 on: 18 January, 2012, 01:23:02 pm »
I like The Rodney...

What time rendezvous?

It depends upon how many ascents of NH are attempted, but probably around 8:45 to 9pm.
Previous visit documented here.  Assuming that doesn't put you off, it will be good to see you again, Honor!

trixie

« Reply #2747 on: 18 January, 2012, 03:29:18 pm »
OK, I'll start my North Hill circuits at about 8.15, when I tire I'll rest on that bench at the top of the steep bit...and wait for you to come past!!

I'm off for a 5 mile run now...

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #2748 on: 18 January, 2012, 05:55:23 pm »
huggy - are you OK for a 7:30 rendezvous by the J+J then?  I'm back home from Londonton now and should be able to make that.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2749 on: 18 January, 2012, 05:59:19 pm »
huggy - are you OK for a 7:30 rendezvous by the J+J then?  I'm back home from Londonton now and should be able to make that.
:thumbsup: