Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751367 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #3025 on: 15 May, 2012, 11:59:21 am »
Can't do Thursday. I'm probably doing 100km London - Witham tomorrow via Finchingfield again if anyone fancies.

I'm probably going to do London to Witham by my more direct route with no pub stop though I might have a bag of chips.

Is that the Blackmore/Writtle route ???

Yes, we can meet in the usual place if you fancy it.

OK Its a date ... I will wear my best dress.. the one you like :o

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #3026 on: 15 May, 2012, 12:17:09 pm »
OK Its a date ... I will wear my best dress.. the one you like :o

No, no, no.  Please can you wear normal clothing and ride one of your more sensible bikes?   We don't want a repeat of this  ...

It's not big, nor is it funny.

« Reply #3027 on: 15 May, 2012, 12:22:38 pm »
its very sad that you know where to get your hands on such photos :hand: ::-)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3028 on: 15 May, 2012, 12:29:12 pm »
its very sad that you know where to get your hands on such photos :hand: ::-)

You made me take it.  But only after you'd checked your hair and make up   ;D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3029 on: 15 May, 2012, 12:32:08 pm »
By the way OG, I'm riding back on Wednesday .. tomorrow ... not Thursday.  About 7pm just the other side of the A12???

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3030 on: 15 May, 2012, 03:03:39 pm »
Wednesday is looking a bit unlikely this week, as I'll be out until mid evening, but I could ride on Thursday.....

As it happens, I will be in the UK on Thursday owing to it being a public holiday in the Netherlands...

Where shall we go?
Subject to sign-off I could be available for Thursday, but only for riding & beer, not for other activities such as swimming or wading.
Sounds like a possible resurrection of 19:30 departure from the former pub known as the Jack & Jenny.
To bring the conversation back to proper riding with beer - I have a pass for Thursday evening.  Not too fussed where we refresh ourselves, seems like we won't have too much option about returning home against a gusty Easterly!
The King Billy or Wagon & Horses haven't had a visit for a while.....
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #3031 on: 15 May, 2012, 03:22:18 pm »
By the way OG, I'm riding back on Wednesday .. tomorrow ... not Thursday.  About 7pm just the other side of the A12???

BUGGER... I have just sent my dress to the cleaners... it wont be back in time....... next time sweetie

OG

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #3032 on: 15 May, 2012, 05:40:10 pm »
Wagon & Horses :thumbsup: Or perhaps it should be Oaky's call, as he will be our honoured guest?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3033 on: 15 May, 2012, 06:00:02 pm »
Wagon & Horses :thumbsup: Or perhaps it should be Oaky's call, as he will be our honoured guest?

We saw him at the weekend.  Prepare to be amazed.  How he's managed to build a pair of SPD cleats into his clogs is so clever.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3034 on: 15 May, 2012, 06:51:26 pm »
Can't I interest you in Writtle's Wheatsheaf as I shall be passing tomorrow evening?

« Reply #3035 on: 16 May, 2012, 02:10:38 pm »
Can't I interest you in Writtle's Wheatsheaf as I shall be passing tomorrow evening?
What time will you be getting to Writtle?
I am giving serious thought to going out this evening! I've been a little slack  ::-) in attendance of the MEMWNS.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3036 on: 16 May, 2012, 02:14:13 pm »
What time will you be getting to Writtle?
I am giving serious thought to going out this evening! I've been a little slack  ::-) in attendance of the MEMWNS.

I should be in Writtle by 2030 to 2100 hours.  I'm not planning a long session, perhaps just long enough to buy you a pint to celebrate your return to cycling.  I could text you I progress eastward (I'm coming from London) Does your mobile number still end 757?

« Reply #3037 on: 16 May, 2012, 02:18:23 pm »
I could text you I progress eastward (I'm coming from London) Does your mobile number still end 757?
It does. 309 yours still?
I'll let you know if/when I leave here.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3038 on: 16 May, 2012, 02:22:07 pm »
I could text you I progress eastward (I'm coming from London) Does your mobile number still end 757?
It does. 309 yours still?
I'll let you know if/when I leave here.

Yup, 309 is me.  I'm only wanting to make a quick stop so if you decide it ain't worth it I'll understand  :-*

« Reply #3039 on: 16 May, 2012, 02:42:46 pm »
I'm only wanting to make a quick stop so if you decide it ain't worth it I'll understand  :-*
Enough time for a pint, a p**s, and a picture!  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3040 on: 16 May, 2012, 02:57:24 pm »
I'm only wanting to make a quick stop so if you decide it ain't worth it I'll understand  :-*
Enough time for a pint, a p**s, and a picture!  :thumbsup:

The 3Ps!  What could be better!

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
Re: Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #3041 on: 16 May, 2012, 03:39:37 pm »

Wagon and horses sounds excellent to me!
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #3042 on: 16 May, 2012, 08:38:25 pm »
Wagon & Horses it is then - more chance of a seat than at the otherwise excellent King Billy! 21:00 ok?

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #3043 on: 16 May, 2012, 09:09:34 pm »
Wagon & Horses it is then - more chance of a seat than at the otherwise excellent King Billy! 21:00 ok?

:thumbsup:

A 7:30 start from the J&J would allow huggy and I plenty of time for something like this, I think
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #3044 on: 16 May, 2012, 11:48:52 pm »
I'm back! Parted company with OD at the Army and Navy roundabout about two hours ago. Never been to the Wheatsheaf before, passed dozens of times though. Nice little place with a good selection. OD was there before me and already had 1/3 pint gone and was halfway down an orangey drink. Oscar Wilde's where our tipple of choice.
Fastest and slowest part of my route was the same road, Crown Hill at Rayleigh. 30mph down and 4mph up!
The A127 was closed so I had it all to myself from Daws Heath Road to Progress Road, pictures tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

Here's the pictures.
I reported this pothole two years ago. It was fixed within a fortnight. Now it's back!

At the Wheatsheaf with OD.

New traffic cone clobber on display.

A hedge stop.

A closed off, east bound, A127. To Progress Road.

View to the west.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3045 on: 17 May, 2012, 09:11:12 am »
I'm back!

How fantastic is that???  You've been missed!  Unfortunately the yacf veggies and vegans have taken the yacf fatted calf into protective custody which is probably just as well.

I made Writtle in just over 2 hours which isn't bad going.  After passing through Blackmore, which fortunately wasn't flooded this time, I got caught up in Shaftsbury CC's time trial.  I was pleased to exchange waves with Old Git who appeared to be going well.  A little further on I happened across a couple of Shaftsbury marshals who confirmed I was winning the TT; I'd be interested to know how I did when the final results get published.

According to The Compasses, who we visited at the weekend, May is Mild Month so my two pints of Oscar Wilde slipped down nicely in Del's company.  It was far from mild when we left The Wheatsheaf - brrrrrrrrrr

All in all an excellent evening.  Welcome back Del  :thumbsup:   :-*   ;D

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3046 on: 17 May, 2012, 09:16:14 am »

A 7:30 start from the J&J would allow huggy and I plenty of time for something like this, I think

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3047 on: 17 May, 2012, 09:21:02 am »
According to The Compasses, who we visited at the weekend, May is Mild Month so my two pints of Oscar Wilde slipped down nicely in Del's company.  It was far from mild when we left The Wheatsheaf - brrrrrrrrrr

All in all an excellent evening.  Welcome back Del  :thumbsup:   :-*   ;D

That could be why Farmers Ales have brewed this  :D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3048 on: 17 May, 2012, 09:22:48 am »
I do like a drop of mild.

« Reply #3049 on: 17 May, 2012, 10:50:57 am »
quote from OD:  I was pleased to exchange waves with Old Git who appeared to be going well

Well for future reference people "wave" using the whole hand NOt just the middle finger  :thumbsup:

ps: it was good to see you... how could I miss with all of those lights ::-)