Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751681 times)

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #9675 on: 15 August, 2016, 04:36:17 pm »
There is no motor on next week's vessel. 

We will be sailing on and off the mooring in proper old school style  :thumbsup:

Ted with OD on board such a vessel my advice would be to insure you are wearing your life jacket! I mean what could possibly.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Retiree

« Reply #9676 on: 15 August, 2016, 04:37:13 pm »

We will be sailing on and off the mooring in proper old school style  :thumbsup:

Excellent!  I'm even more excited now!

The one with the motor is being saved for me OD

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #9677 on: 15 August, 2016, 04:40:38 pm »

Ted with OD on board such a vessel my advice would be to insure you are wearing your life jacket! I mean what could possibly.......

Oi, git.  I used [note the emphasis] to be a very competent sailor.  Hopefully sailing is like riding a bike and you never forget.  I have taken The Current Mrs R for a couple of spins around Windermere in dinghies over the course of the last decade and the evidence thus far (main bit of evidence being I've yet to drown her) is that I have retained some of my old skillz.

The Retiree

Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #9678 on: 15 August, 2016, 04:44:52 pm »

Oi, git.  I used [note the emphasis] to be a very competent sailor.  Hopefully sailing is like riding a bike and you never forget.  I have taken The Current Mrs R for a couple of spins around Windermere in dinghies over the course of the last decade and the evidence thus far (main bit of evidence being I've yet to drown her) is that I have retained some of my old skillz.

There we go Ted I bet you didn't realise you had Ben Ainslie on board!

« Reply #9679 on: 15 August, 2016, 04:49:13 pm »
Oh, I realised all right. OD is my ringer.  It will be like when Sir Ben came on board the US boat in the Americas Cup, we will be unbeatable with OD calling the tactics and trimming the jib.

Fortunately life jackets are part of the class rules.  These are wooden boats with no decking so if you capsize then they basically sink.  It all adds to the excitement.  It also explains why Mrs Shred no longer crews for me  :facepalm:
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9680 on: 15 August, 2016, 04:52:13 pm »
Oh, I realised all right. OD is my ringer.  It will be like when Sir Ben came on board the US boat in the Americas Cup, we will be unbeatable with OD calling the tactics and trimming the jib.

I'd reserve judgement if I was you ...

The Retiree

« Reply #9681 on: 15 August, 2016, 04:53:20 pm »

Fortunately life jackets are part of the class rules.  These are wooden boats with no decking so if you capsize then they basically sink.  It all adds to the excitement.  It also explains why Mrs Shred no longer crews for me  :facepalm:

Just highlights why I'm more than happy to stick to the motor cruiser

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #9682 on: 16 August, 2016, 09:28:17 am »
Anyone got any plans for attendance at The Compasses beer festival this weekend?

« Reply #9683 on: 16 August, 2016, 10:26:42 am »
Anyone got any plans for attendance at The Compasses beer festival this weekend?
I'd like to get over there, not sure when at the moment but it will be during one of the afternoons, Saturday is likely.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9684 on: 16 August, 2016, 10:46:32 am »

I'd love to, in the past it's been possible to pick up cheap bottles of Harvey's Bristol Cream but unfortunately we're away.

bloomers100

« Reply #9685 on: 16 August, 2016, 01:06:26 pm »

I'd love to, in the past it's been possible to pick up cheap bottles of Harvey's Bristol Cream but unfortunately we're away.

shame, have a good time though.

« Reply #9686 on: 17 August, 2016, 06:43:16 pm »
I'm hoping to get there Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9687 on: 18 August, 2016, 06:11:20 am »
I'm hoping to get there Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Who are you? [waves] And do you like pickled eggs?

« Reply #9688 on: 18 August, 2016, 08:10:11 am »
Steve Everitt your near neighbour. I can't say I'm that keen on Pickled eggs.....

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9689 on: 18 August, 2016, 08:18:21 am »
Steve Everitt your near neighbour. I can't say I'm that keen on Pickled eggs.....

Ah, I see!  What happened to you on the way home last night?  You missed a left turn at the cross roads, we tried to chase you but didn't manage it.

« Reply #9690 on: 18 August, 2016, 08:27:24 am »
By the time we noticed you were missing we had to keep going did a right and a left at the top of Loamy Hill and did a left onto Braxted Park Road to get back on track got home about the same time as you I think.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9691 on: 18 August, 2016, 08:32:02 am »
That's ok. Nice one.

« Reply #9692 on: 18 August, 2016, 01:28:51 pm »
I enjoyed that last night. The 40mm tyres performed brilliantly on all 4 sections of COR that I ended up riding. The worst of them was the last bit between Tolleshunt Knights and Tudwick road with lots of nettles and brambles growing over the path and obvious signs of equine activity during muddier times! OD's piece of COR being the best as is was just a farm track although it was quite loose and I was glad I had the wide rubber on, I was able to stay at full power for the whole track with no real consequences....brilliant!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9693 on: 18 August, 2016, 01:50:50 pm »
Stop it, just stop it.  I'm not buying yet more new tyres for Fred so stop putting temptation in my way  :hand: >:(

« Reply #9694 on: 18 August, 2016, 02:58:04 pm »
Winstanleys have them for a Steal!

Tempting

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9695 on: 18 August, 2016, 03:06:57 pm »
Winstanleys have them for a Steal!

Tempting

Yes, I've seen that.  Its still 50 quid plus tubes.  I shall resist  O:-)

bloomers100

« Reply #9696 on: 19 August, 2016, 09:47:46 am »
What sort of bike are you fitting these tyres on Tippers? Any pics?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9697 on: 19 August, 2016, 10:27:33 am »

Its one of those Cross of Iron jobbies.  tippers lets himself down by not having a Surly in his stable, not like us bloomers  :smug: O:-)

« Reply #9698 on: 19 August, 2016, 10:30:52 am »
I have put the on the Croix de Fer but they originally came on the Day One. I'll pop a better pic up later (thought I had some put can't find them)

bloomers100

« Reply #9699 on: 19 August, 2016, 11:33:30 am »

Its one of those Cross of Iron jobbies.  tippers lets himself down by not having a Surly in his stable, not like us bloomers  :smug: O:-)

he'll learn son, he'll learn