Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751676 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #10550 on: 19 March, 2017, 03:10:10 pm »
If Hatfield Broad Oak is too far for most at this time of year, I'm happy to forego this visit as there is another visit to these parts planned in the calendar, and last week was within reach for me.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #10551 on: 21 March, 2017, 04:48:16 pm »
If Hatfield Broad Oak is too far for most at this time of year, I'm happy to forego this visit as there is another visit to these parts planned in the calendar, and last week was within reach for me.

So where are we going tomorrow evening???

If psyclist thought Great Leighs was OK what about the Wheatsheaf at Writtle???

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #10552 on: 21 March, 2017, 06:03:22 pm »
I'm not sure I can make it out tomorrow, but Wheatsheaf might be doable if only because they do Ruby Red......
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #10553 on: 21 March, 2017, 07:07:36 pm »
Wheatsheaf is ok by me  :thumbsup:

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #10554 on: 21 March, 2017, 07:23:12 pm »
Weather forecast for Wednesday did look a bit lousy for a long westward foray, Wheatsheat at Writtle is looking like a sensible option.

Forecast is probably completely different by know, it seem to be quite changeable.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10555 on: 21 March, 2017, 09:05:22 pm »
Wheatsheaf then?

« Reply #10556 on: 22 March, 2017, 08:22:36 am »
I've got my route planned out to the Wheatsheaf, and the weather forecast is looking like it'll brighten up later. I was looking forward to making a second MEMWNS event on the trot, when I get a text from my daughter ... "were you aware that there's an India trip meeting this evening" ... I'm never sure whether it is the school not communicating in a timely manner, or teenage forgetfulness. Either way that's scuppered my attendance at the Wheatsheaf, rather unfortunately.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10557 on: 22 March, 2017, 08:33:17 am »
Can you not text back "I've got a Dutch trip meeting this evening!"?  ;D

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #10558 on: 22 March, 2017, 07:45:29 pm »
I won't be out tonight, I've fell into The Ale House off the train as Ms Jiberjaber  managed to lock herself out so has met me in town from the train.....
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10559 on: 26 March, 2017, 01:52:30 pm »
This coming Wednesday FORWARD PLANNING offers us the opportunity to ride to The Three Horseshoes, Duton Hill, which is nice and local for Tomsk.  Here the IS THE ROUTE which the Witham peloton used on our last visit which was 23rd April 2014.

Of course, we may decide to go somewhere entirely different  :thumbsup:

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #10560 on: 26 March, 2017, 06:57:59 pm »
This coming Wednesday FORWARD PLANNING offers us the opportunity to ride to The Three Horseshoes, Duton Hill, which is nice and local for Tomsk.  Here the IS THE ROUTE which the Witham peloton used on our last visit which was 23rd April 2014.

Of course, we may decide to go somewhere entirely different  :thumbsup:

Was the visit at mile 28 to the Raven Armoury Swordsmiths deliberate last time out!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #10561 on: 26 March, 2017, 09:26:26 pm »
This coming Wednesday FORWARD PLANNING offers us the opportunity to ride to The Three Horseshoes, Duton Hill, which is nice and local for Tomsk.

:thumbsup: I'll ride out to meet you en-route, somewhere South-East of Felsted...

Anyone from the Western Fringes of Mid-Essex coming along?

As I spent some of my formative years [1964-73] at Doo-uniw, I can bore you with useless local info...for a start, the first part of the name is apparently a contraction of Duneaston = Hilleaston Hill: so good they named it twice...

...or we might end up going somewhere else  ::-)

« Reply #10562 on: 27 March, 2017, 07:45:31 am »
This coming Wednesday FORWARD PLANNING offers us the opportunity to ride to The Three Horseshoes, Duton Hill, which is nice and local for Tomsk.

Anyone from the Western Fringes of Mid-Essex coming along?

Could be an acronym in there somewhere, perhaps MEWF ?

Did you know that laser is an acronym ... light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation

Wednesday should be fine for me. I'm in Reading during the day, but will be back in good time.

« Reply #10563 on: 29 March, 2017, 01:45:42 pm »
It's Wednesday. Are we all set for 'Th ee Horseshoes' in Duton Hill, to use the official name as per the streetview image of the western side of the pub?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10564 on: 29 March, 2017, 01:53:02 pm »
It's Wednesday. Are we all set for 'Th ee Horseshoes' in Duton Hill, to use the official name as per the streetview image of the western side of the pub?

Well, in the absence of 11th hour dissenting voices I'd say we're all set for Duton Hill. 

If we do make to the Three Horsehoes the final score for the inaugural phase of FORWARD PLANNING is 12 out of 24 so a 50% success rate  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10565 on: 29 March, 2017, 02:04:44 pm »
By the way, I will have FORWARD PLANNING handouts for all attendees this evening.  I will also keep any leftovers in the Magic Bag Midi TM. Please ensure you claim your copy.

« Reply #10566 on: 29 March, 2017, 02:31:50 pm »
I have the bike so will be off the train at Shenfield. I will aim for Duton Hill but not 100% sure I won't swing off before I get there. I won't be out too late....I'm struggling with the jet lag....from that hour of sleep I lost over the weekend!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #10567 on: 29 March, 2017, 02:52:19 pm »

Well, in the absence of 11th hour dissenting voices I'd say we're all set for Duton Hill. 

If we do make to the Three Horsehoes the final score for the inaugural phase of FORWARD PLANNING is 12 out of 24 so a 50% success rate  :thumbsup:

Ale House Chelmsford would be a great venue for tonight, especially for them that is chasing The Shark this weekend.... (plus their 5 year birthday celebrations start tomorrow and they are full of new beers to try... )

I suspect I might see you at Dutton Hill tonight however...  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #10568 on: 29 March, 2017, 02:53:32 pm »

;D I could get off the train and ride down the stairs.....
Ale House Chelmsford would be a great venue for tonight, especially for them that is chasing The Shark this weekend.... (plus their 5 year birthday celebrations start tomorrow and they are full of new beers to try... )

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #10569 on: 29 March, 2017, 02:58:40 pm »

;D I could get off the train and ride down the stairs.....

You would probably find Ted in there too! Working.......!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #10570 on: 29 March, 2017, 03:21:14 pm »
Only if you are there in "office" hours.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #10571 on: 29 March, 2017, 04:56:50 pm »
I know you've all been waiting for this news - I will be awheel this evening!  See you at the Witham Départ.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10572 on: 29 March, 2017, 05:01:50 pm »
I know you've all been waiting for this news - I will be awheel this evening!  See you at the Witham Départ.

"Bloody hell!"  Sorry, I mean "That's great news hugster!"  :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #10573 on: 29 March, 2017, 05:06:00 pm »
 :P
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #10574 on: 04 April, 2017, 07:11:40 pm »
Just so we're clear...Maldon CAMRA Beer Fest on Wednesday instead of the Royal Oak, Hazeleigh, yes? Not that they're that far apart...