Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751412 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #15200 on: 04 September, 2020, 04:39:18 pm »
I've been avoiding the indoor venues, not sure if I'm the only one. Will continue to make the outdoor venues when I can.
I have not been inside a building within social distance range with more than one household outside of my bubble  O:-)
If I had been available this Wednesday I would most likely have declined to sit down in the pub.

I did it without thinking which I suspect is what's happening with a lot of folks.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #15201 on: 04 September, 2020, 04:43:31 pm »
I've been avoiding the indoor venues, not sure if I'm the only one. Will continue to make the outdoor venues when I can.
I have not been inside a building within social distance range with more than one household outside of my bubble  O:-)
If I had been available this Wednesday I would most likely have declined to sit down in the pub.

I did it without thinking which I suspect is what's happening with a lot of folks.
And to be officious about it, the pub should have refused to serve a group unless they were sure/told everyone is from no more than 2 households.  If found to be not practicing that guidance could result in them being fined or losing their licence.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15202 on: 04 September, 2020, 04:53:06 pm »

And to be officious about it, the pub should have refused to serve a group unless they were sure/told everyone is from no more than 2 households.  If found to be not practicing that guidance could result in them being fined or losing their licence.

I didn't know about the licencing bit.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #15203 on: 04 September, 2020, 05:05:23 pm »

I didn't know about the licencing bit.
the boring bit...
(click to show/hide)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15204 on: 04 September, 2020, 05:08:48 pm »
 :o

« Reply #15205 on: 04 September, 2020, 05:21:02 pm »
hence my comments about posting on a public forum.

I thought we were only attending outdoor venues and only in tables of 6 with a reasonable spread.

Outside is the way forwards but I wonder what will happen in November.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15206 on: 04 September, 2020, 05:24:40 pm »
hence my comments about posting on a public forum.

Fair point, I will amend my post.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #15207 on: 04 September, 2020, 05:27:08 pm »
I thought we were only attending outdoor venues and only in tables of 6 with a reasonable spread.

Outside is the way forwards but I wonder what will happen in November.
What would you know about Covid safe practices and guidelines anyway??  :P  ;D

« Reply #15208 on: 04 September, 2020, 06:23:00 pm »
Exactly!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #15209 on: 06 September, 2020, 09:19:37 pm »
Wednesday evening was excellent, just like old times, but yesterday I began wondering whether we had kept to the coronavirus guidelines.  I've just checked the government guidelines and we didn't follow them  :-[ ...

Can I go to a pub or restaurant with people I don’t live with?

When eating or drinking out with people you do not live with (and who are not in your support bubble), you should keep to the wider guidance on group sizes: up to two households indoors, and up to either two households or six people from more than two households outdoors.

In all cases, people from different households should ensure they socially distance as much as possible. You should think about where to sit at a table with this in mind - the premises should also take reasonable steps to help you do so in line with COVID-19 secure guidelines.

So, given most people who turn up are from different households we should be meeting outdoors, I guess marquees are fine, and we should be keeping group sizes to no more than 6, I suppose multiple groups of 6 are OK, and we shouldn't be sitting close to each other.

Thoughts?
Glad you looked them up and what can I say, other than that I AM A DUMB SHEEP?  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15210 on: 07 September, 2020, 09:35:51 am »
Hello all, I don't know what the plan is for this Wednesday but I noticed that the White Hart in Witham has some new marquee type things in their outside space.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15211 on: 07 September, 2020, 10:34:02 am »
White Hart sounds good to me - they have quite a large back yard/car park, so I guess there's room for Social Distancing outdoors?

By the way, on my travels in the tracks of Dick Turpin yesterday, I visited a certain 'heritage' pub in the wilds of Suffolk, with the most minimal Covid precautions: just a bottle of sanitiser at the door - no masks, visors, x-marks-the-spot places to stand or screens in evidence ... I did have to sign the visitor's book though.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #15212 on: 07 September, 2020, 03:19:14 pm »
Hello all, I don't know what the plan is for this Wednesday but I noticed that the White Hart in Witham has some new marquee type things in their outside space.

As far as I know, the White Hart requires booking(s), even for the outside seating.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15213 on: 07 September, 2020, 03:24:58 pm »

As far as I know, the White Hart requires booking(s), even for the outside seating.

Useful intel, thanks.  I shall attempt a booking if folks agree with the venue suggestion for this Wednesday...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15214 on: 07 September, 2020, 05:06:38 pm »

Useful intel, thanks.  I shall attempt a booking if folks agree with the venue suggestion for this Wednesday...

Just checked the WH's website.  They will try to accommodate you if you just turn up but they would rather you phoned in advance to book the space you need.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #15215 on: 07 September, 2020, 06:01:15 pm »
It was like the wild West last time we werethere

Sent from my SM-P615 using Tapatalk

Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15216 on: 08 September, 2020, 01:47:12 pm »
So, where to tomorrow evening?  I'm keen to get awheel as it'll be my last chance for a spin before the weekend bivvy expedition.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #15217 on: 08 September, 2020, 06:29:00 pm »
So, where to tomorrow evening?  I'm keen to get awheel as it'll be my last chance for a spin before the weekend bivvy expedition.

Tried and tested, Spiritual Home?
Regards,

Joergen

rob

« Reply #15218 on: 08 September, 2020, 06:36:35 pm »

Tried and tested, Spiritual Home?

Had lunch there today after dropping J off for his first day at school.

I’m off on a 600k first thing Thursday so early night for me.

« Reply #15219 on: 08 September, 2020, 06:45:46 pm »
I'm performing an offspring taxi service into London tomorrow evening, otherwise would have jumped at the prospect of The Compasses

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15220 on: 08 September, 2020, 07:58:15 pm »
Oaky has suggested the Cross Keys, Hatfield Peverell. He’s been there and says they have a nice tented area.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15221 on: 08 September, 2020, 08:50:56 pm »
Cross Keys, HP is new to us, but why not if an Elder recommends it?  :thumbsup:

« Reply #15222 on: 08 September, 2020, 09:57:37 pm »
Oaky has suggested the Cross Keys, Hatfield Peverell. He’s been there and says they have a nice tented area.
I'm in.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15223 on: 09 September, 2020, 07:07:37 am »
So are we decided on the Cross Keys, Hatty P?  If so who's launching from Witham?  And what time?

Also, thoughts on how we deal WITH THIS?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15224 on: 09 September, 2020, 07:43:03 am »
So are we decided on the Cross Keys, Hatty P?  If so who's launching from Witham?  And what time?

Also, thoughts on how we deal WITH THIS?

Discuss tonight - it's our last chance (for a while) for a full MEMWNS parliament!