Author Topic: Asgard Access bike storage locker (4 bikes?)  (Read 5480 times)

Asgard Access bike storage locker (4 bikes?)
« on: 30 April, 2011, 07:46:49 pm »
This: http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/detail.php?pro_code=Acc1

May be moving to tiny maisonette with a little garden. We've got five bikes but I may merge my commuting bike and one of my  road bikes to leave four (and some leftover bits).

I could get a couple of those Trimetals bunkers- but two would take up a fair bit of space (I'm assuming three bikes max.)

Does anyone have one of the Asgard bunkers in the link? and can you get four bikes in there? (I'm looking at one MTB, a 'cross bike and two road bikes). Obviously any suggestions as to other methods of storing four (or five) bikes outside would be welcome.

Re: Asgard Access bike storage locker (4 bikes?)
« Reply #1 on: 01 May, 2011, 10:21:04 am »
For me  a problem with lockers like that is that the bikes are stacked on top of each other with potential for damage and of course the one you want is at the bottom.

A few years ago I was looking for something similar and ended up buying a bikesafe Motorcycle MK Bike Store - Motorbike Storage - MK Containers  The footprint is about the same as the locker you are looking at, but it is obviously taller.  I don't recall which size I bought except that it was one of the larger sizes.  I hung two bikes at the end with spare wheels between them, had  a bike against either side and  a trike down the middle.  The up and over door is very secure, and the whole comes as a flat pack with about a thousand nuts and bolts.  The instructions advised that two people are needed to put the roof on, but I did it on my own and I am a weed.

« Reply #2 on: 01 May, 2011, 11:08:59 am »
That is a useful tip, thanks.

So it's tall enough to hang bikes up in? that's very useful.

« Reply #3 on: 01 May, 2011, 08:52:59 pm »
I have the four bike Asgard storage locker - it will take four bikes with some judicious loading without any problems.  I have three road bikes and a flat bar hybrid. Very secure and gives me peace of mind that my bikes are safe.

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #4 on: 02 May, 2011, 09:56:42 am »
I fit 3 bikes easily in my 4 bike version, 4 would be a squeeze . Pm if you want pictures
A shitter and a giggler.

« Reply #5 on: 02 September, 2011, 01:03:27 pm »
Well...

After measuring up the garden I ordered the Asgard 4 bike version. I liked the look of the motorcycle garage from MK but it is a bit tall for the area I want to stick it. I'll post some comments when I get it set up. I've decided to merge a couple of bikes into one so I can fit them in!

Currently £450 with free delivery.

« Reply #6 on: 13 October, 2011, 07:49:47 pm »
It arrived yesterday, and I finished building it after work today.

Three bikes in it at the moment, two more currently staying with a friend. Four will go just fine, there's plenty room left. Haven't merged any bikes just yet since I'll probably just lock the commute bike to a lump of concrete with a D-lock buried in it.

Looks pretty good. I wouldn't like to have to break into it, sure hope I don't lose the keys and forget where I put the spares.

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #7 on: 13 October, 2011, 07:59:20 pm »
Photographs please!
A shitter and a giggler.

« Reply #8 on: 13 October, 2011, 08:12:48 pm »
I will do eventually- it was dark when I finished! I bolted the lid on by torchlight.

Best wait until I get my other bikes too, it'll make for a better photo.

« Reply #9 on: 15 October, 2011, 07:27:06 pm »
Here you go then. It was dark again, but I got some photos.

The locker looks like this, there are no exposed screws and the shrouds around the locks make it difficult to cut through the locks or shackles.

Here's another picture, only included because Boushti wandered into the shot.

Here is a shot of the contents, four road bikes and a (folded) trailer, still a bit of room left (but not enough for a full-size bike). They aren't difficult to load in like this. Note that it has a floor, there are fixing holes in this for bolting it down.

And another... It is tricky to get to the one at the back but I won't be using the TT bike until March-ish, at which point the 'cross bike will be placed at the back.

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #10 on: 15 October, 2011, 07:51:58 pm »
that is the down side- you can't really get to the back bike without unloading all the rest, but even the Trimetal ones with the lift up lid suffer from this in reality.
i did get a shelf and hooks but the tools i kept in their rusted very quickly and things hanging up are not that easy to get to.

i'm tempted to get their ever expanding metal shed for a project i'm running to store bikes.

hope you'll be very happy together!
A shitter and a giggler.

« Reply #11 on: 17 March, 2012, 10:38:36 am »
Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I am considering getting one of these.  Those pictures are very helpful, more so than their site.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #12 on: 27 June, 2014, 09:02:49 pm »
Looking into getting some storage myself and also ended up looking at the Asgard. Are these still working well for those who got them? Or is there anything better out there now? :)

Looking at this one: -
http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/home-category-2/bike-storage-x4

It'll be for storing a tourer, two road bikes and a MTB in my back garden.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #13 on: 28 June, 2014, 08:40:03 am »
Some years ago I used http://www.mk-containers.co.uk/motorcycle-mk-bikestore.htm  I had a mid sized one and stored 3 bikes upright at the back plus one down each side, and still had rom to walk in and take any one of them out.  This to me is an advantage over the stacking that most bike stores need.

« Reply #14 on: 28 June, 2014, 02:28:51 pm »
Impressive, but I don't have the space. I want something like that, but 6' long and 5' or 6' wide, to replace an existing wooden shed that is falling down, on the same base.

No-one seems to make such things in anything vaguely secure, even though it's not exactly an unusual shed size.

« Reply #15 on: 29 June, 2014, 10:50:59 am »
Looking into getting some storage myself and also ended up looking at the Asgard. Are these still working well for those who got them? Or is there anything better out there now? :)

Looking at this one: -
http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/home-category-2/bike-storage-x4

It'll be for storing a tourer, two road bikes and a MTB in my back garden.

Still happy with my Asgard x4 bike store. I do like the motorcycle garage style things on offer but our rear yard is really small and the Asgard doesn't take up to much space. No problems so far.