Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1625773 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #1825 on: 14 May, 2012, 02:18:54 pm »
Sellotape dispenser gun thingy.  Or a Kim.  I regularly play human-sellotape-dispenser for barakta.
I don't have a Kim  :( There simply isn't enough of her to go round.

dasmoth

• Techno-optimist
« Reply #1826 on: 14 May, 2012, 02:24:15 pm »
Half term's when the traffic becomes mysteriously less bad for a week.

« Reply #1827 on: 14 May, 2012, 05:17:00 pm »
I don't have a Kim  :( There simply isn't enough of her to go round.

http://laughtonelectronics.com/arcana/Kimklone_short_summary.html

Now, I've read that all very carefully* and I don't think it mentions sellotape at all....

*This is a lie.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #1828 on: 14 May, 2012, 05:32:14 pm »
Well, I've finally got round to updating the details for a new Credit card on my PAYG mobile broadband account. It took a few goes because after the bit where I could change the expiry date to the new one, there was a bit where it said "Enter issue number (HSBC Maestro Cards only)". Because I was updating a Mastercard, I left this blank and clicked submit, only to be told "You must enter an issue number".

:facepalm:

In the end, it turned out that 00 was an acceptable compromise.... 

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #1829 on: 14 May, 2012, 06:14:36 pm »
I have the same beef with the sits that say 'enter your number exactly as it appears on the card' so I put in  wwww xxxx yyyy zzzz at which point it complains about there being spaces in the number *just like there are on the card*. Can you numpties not write a regular expression?
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #1830 on: 14 May, 2012, 06:29:30 pm »
Bloody amateurs.

Reminds me of the US website for a software company which was promoting itself worldwide, but couldn't handle dates in anything other than standard US formats.  :facepalm:
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #1831 on: 14 May, 2012, 06:31:23 pm »
Similar with US based supplier who's International Shipment required a US zip code!

« Reply #1832 on: 14 May, 2012, 06:32:57 pm »
Activities you don't realise require 2 functional hands #112

Using sellotape.

FFS. Taking painkillers to wrap up parcels seems, somehow, wrong.
No, it is possible to use sellotape (&, indeed, parcel & gaffer tape) with one functional hand, an elbow or wrist on another arm plus a table (or even a pair of knees, though one then has to put up with long strips of tape) & teeth. I discovered this when my right hand was temporarily out of use due to bacteria.

Messy, though. You do not get neat wrapping.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #1833 on: 14 May, 2012, 10:10:07 pm »
Goddammit  :demon:

Have just recieved an email about my most recent OU assignment. Apparently someone posted the answers on the web somewhere before the submission deadline so they are zero rating the assignment and will split the 10% it was worth over our other work.

Which is fine, but I think I did quite well on this one (no, I didn't find the answers on the web  :P)

Bloody people.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1834 on: 14 May, 2012, 10:16:22 pm »
That's really annoying, I'd be so cross in your situation Ashaman!  Grr.  Some people are dicks.

« Reply #1835 on: 14 May, 2012, 10:31:42 pm »
It's a pain. Of course I haven't had the marks back yet so it might turn out to be a blessing in disguise  ;D

Oh well, at least they're not making us redo it, I'm behind enough on the next one as it is  :D

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1836 on: 16 May, 2012, 07:28:29 pm »
Allow me to make some introductions...

Left Hand, this is Right Hand; Right Hand, this is Left Hand.

::-)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1837 on: 16 May, 2012, 09:57:05 pm »
RRAAAWWWRRRRGGG!!!

The assignment that I'm getting no marks on due to cheaty cheaters. I would have got 100%  :demon:

« Reply #1838 on: 16 May, 2012, 10:20:12 pm »
Why is it that every single time I go for a long swim, somebody in the next lane always tries to race me ? ? ?

I'm not interested in racing you. I've probably already swam a kilometer or two by the time you show up, and so you trying to beat me over 25 or 50 meters and then collapsing at the end of the lane for 5 minutes before trying again is a bit lame really.

I'd say that this has happened the last 5 or 6 times I've been swimming. ???

« Reply #1839 on: 16 May, 2012, 10:31:25 pm »
Workmate. I don't mind you going off early to a music job. After all, I usually get away early on a Friday when I have to get a train over to MFWHTBAB's, and want to avoid the worst of the rush hour.

It would be nice though, if you could get in on time, instead of 15 minutes late...

essexian

« Reply #1840 on: 17 May, 2012, 06:45:56 am »
Oi my cats/ kittens…. Get a grip. You might be nice and furry and can twist my wife around your paws, but she was away last night so I had you all to myself…then the trouble began!

Firstly, thanks Perkins: what am I going to do with yet another dead bird? That’s four you have killed in 5 days. Okay, I know you are only 21 months old so killing is fun for you, but I hate it. I would fit you will a collar and bell but the thin controller she says no. We are running out of places in the garden to bury them.

Then, come 5.30pm you know you all come in for your tea and a sleep. We have trained you to do so, so we, the humans, can have some time to ourselves. Well that does include you Posie. I was especially wanting you in all as I wanted a quick sleep and then to head out for a 90 minute evening ride: it looked a lovely evening for a ride. And no, I am not allowed to leave you out despite you being nearly 2 years old. What time did you decide to come in….yes, 8.45pm. GRRRRRR. Oh and when it was bed time, why Petal when you had been sleep all day why did suddenly wake up and want to play?? Oh I remember, you are a cat.

Jamise cat, I know you have mental health problems but the game of meow to go out and then run off is not funny at any time and even less funny at 3.50am. Oh and 20 minutes after I had fallen back to sleep, you decided to do it again. Went out that time didn’t you…. Finally managed to land you in the neighbours garden: Johnny Wilkinson eat your heart out!

And then Colin, I know you can’t help having hayfever but could you learn to put your paw over your nose when you sneeze: cat snot is not funny.

Finally, Eric the stray. You are welcome to eat the left overs from our pride but it would be nice if you didn’t come in and help yourself… okay, I can live with it, but having a wee on the sofa while you are doing so will get you shouted at.

Cats, you can’t feed them up to eat: sadly.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1841 on: 17 May, 2012, 09:42:43 am »
Why is it that every single time I go for a long swim, somebody in the next lane always tries to race me ? ? ?

I'm not interested in racing you. I've probably already swam a kilometer or two by the time you show up, and so you trying to beat me over 25 or 50 meters and then collapsing at the end of the lane for 5 minutes before trying again is a bit lame really.

I'd say that this has happened the last 5 or 6 times I've been swimming. ???

Maybe they're not trying to actually race you, but are using you to motivate themselves to try a little bit harder?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1842 on: 17 May, 2012, 05:21:58 pm »
Warwickshire County Council: The Kenilworth Greenway is advertised as a cycling route on your website. Indeed it is a very good resource waiting to happen. However, the Berkswell end of the way fizzles out for cyclists, with no exit point other than footpaths with clear "No Cycling" signs - as I found out to my surprise a couple of weeks ago. I accept that the end I mention is under the jurisdiction of another LA, but you should sign your part of the route so that cyclists do not get to the Berkswell end and suddenly find themselves stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1843 on: 17 May, 2012, 05:25:30 pm »
AWL is just using this as an excuse for having been late to meet us off the train.  ;)
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #1844 on: 17 May, 2012, 05:52:24 pm »
I'll enter a plea of partially guilty...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #1845 on: 18 May, 2012, 02:41:03 pm »
Since 07:00 (when I was informed I would not be having my gym induction due to the instructor being double-booked) pretty much nothing has gone right. STOP!  I think eight hours of sh1t in one day is more than sufficient.  I'll grudgingly accept another 20 minutes of crappe, but from 15:00 things need to start working, and properly, OK?

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1846 on: 18 May, 2012, 02:46:26 pm »
Sends Andrij that long-delayed virtual beer.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1847 on: 18 May, 2012, 07:39:24 pm »
Now my other shoulder's fucked up to make up for the one which fucked up on Sunday's slow but steady recovery.  The drugs I took to nix it made me feel like crap. 

My colleague who is normally Mr Amazing was so tired/ill he could barely function and we had a meeting together with someone at 4pm which turned out to be a waste of time AND the meetingperson was quite clearly bonkers (and not even in a good or entertaining way - which is the default IME).

Then I get home, sleep then food didn't help the feeling like crap or pain AND the fucking house alerting system has crashed (cos kim's not here and it hates me) and I can't fix it. 

edited to add Managed to fix alerting system, not sure how, lots of unplugging, replugging, poking it to reset and it seems to be reading temps again. I also has a nutella sandwich!

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #1848 on: 18 May, 2012, 08:20:14 pm »
Sends Andrij that long-delayed virtual beer.

W zdrowiu!  (sorry if wrong, Google-translation)

But still looking forward to the real thing.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #1849 on: 19 May, 2012, 02:04:54 am »
Wear Gloves Pedaldog when mixing E smoking liquids using a base of Propylene Glycol at 72mg of Nicotine per ml of fluid.
Knocking thwe High Nicotime strength bottle over was a FAIL but catching it with Bare Hands and spilling the equivalent of 500mg of Nicotine on you hands and arms is only going to go one way. I managed to get to the tap and wash it within half a minute but have to admit the Wibbly, Wobbly way is going on in my head right now.  I guess a cigarette to calm my nerves wouldn't be the best way to go?
Drinking much water and staying awake for a while to hope that I caught it in time and the effects will wear off soon.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!