Author Topic: Brompton X bar kit  (Read 4527 times)

Brompton X bar kit
« on: 24 March, 2010, 08:57:21 am »
This

Brompton XBAR Kit 7/8" Handlebar - QXBARS-D

From what I've read these are recommended on early M type (or whatever they used to be called bars) 

Is it worth fitting on the latest M type bars?  or would a non regular use, low mileage Brommie be ok without?

Any other accessories worth fitting to make it more robust/ easier to use?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Brompton X bar kit
« Reply #1 on: 24 March, 2010, 09:42:27 am »
It stiffens the bar but isn't needed for strength or durability purposes with the current bars.  It does prevent you rotating the bars forward a little more (otherwise touches the fork when folded) .
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #2 on: 26 March, 2010, 10:35:34 am »

The only thing that springs readily to mind is the Eazy Wheels. Far better than the factory fitted rollers for pulling along an almost completely folded Brommie.
Also, they're very slim so they limit the chance of heel strike.
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

« Reply #3 on: 26 March, 2010, 12:04:30 pm »

The only thing that springs readily to mind is the Eazy Wheels. Far better than the factory fitted rollers for pulling along an almost completely folded Brommie.
Also, they're very slim so they limit the chance of heel strike.

Already fitted them :thumbsup:  I was thinking of changing the bolts from flathead screws to allen bolts, and maybe get an S bag.   Anyone know if there is a way of fitting Klikfix bags ( bar bags etc ) to the Bromton luggage holder, or are you limited to the genuine Brompton luggage.

ItS just that even an S bag is too big for what I need , but some form of carrying capacity would be useful. I did think about a Carradice zipped roll on the saddle , which shouldnt interfere with anything

« Reply #4 on: 26 March, 2010, 03:52:45 pm »
Some reckon an S bag is actually aerodynamically advantageous, acting as a fairing.

Sigurd Mudtracker

« Reply #5 on: 26 March, 2010, 09:36:06 pm »
I believe the front luggage system has also been called an "anti-fairing" - certainly my original Carradice bag is a big lump up front.  The S bag is a more streamlined admittedly, but I'm not sure it would help aerodynamics.